➸ 'Relax, it was just a kiss'

vote please

"Donny?" I say snapping my head towards him, who seems to be a little surprised. I turn my head to watch Clarissa's reaction, her face scrunches up.

"Should we spin again?" Donny asks.

"Don. Just do it and stop being a puss." Clarissa replies. He sighs and inches closer to me. I do the same, feeling very uncomfortable. At this point we are inches apart, our lips about to collide, I feel his breath against my lips, suddenly.

"I'll do it." My head turns sideways to see Leonardo looking at me, arms crossed sitting in the circle. Donny sighs of relief and Clarissa shrugs.

"If it's ok with Bella." She responds.

Leo looks at me and holds his hand out to me, I grab it and shuffle over to him.

"Alright." I reply glancing up at him.

I look up at him in confusion, why would he take Donny's place? Yeah, it was awkward but it's no big deal. I'm startled out of my thoughts when to soft lips crash against mine, I can't comprehend anything until I feel his hands snake around to my waist, I realise what's happening and I kiss back, our lips moving in sync, Everything and everyone started to blur around me and all I could think about was Leo. It was as if he was numbing me from the rest of the world, I wrap my arms around his neck continuing the kiss. After what seems like forever I pull my lips away from his, our hands still wrapped around eachother though, I lift my head up to see Leonardo, just staring at me. Although, I can't read his expression.

"Next!" Clarissa tells, I snap out of my thoughts and turn around and everyone's staring at us, I feel my cheeks grow hot and pull myself away from Leonardo. I walk away to the closest bathroom and wash up. I'm washing my hands when I feel another presence enter the room, I look over to the doorway where Leonardo is standing with one hand leaning on the doorway and the other in his hair.

"You had fun?" He laughs.

"Yea, it was cool, I guess." I reply, focusing on myself in the mirror. He comes behind me and whispers in my ear, "Relax, It was just a kiss." And then just like that, he vanished into the crowd of people. Just a kiss? As if it was just a kiss. I'll make him see that, one way or another.

I make my way back to the lounge, where Clarissa stands smirking at me. I roll my eyes, although I couldn't help but smile.

"Well well, I never saw you two becoming a thing." She smirks.

"What? We aren't a thing. Leonardo said it was just a kiss." I say repeating Leo's words.

"Oh as if, That was so more than a kiss." She scoffs as I nod my head in agreement. At that moment I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Bella, you wouldn't mind if I talked to you for a second?" Donny asks me politely.

"Um, yeah sure." I smile at him as I follow him into the yard, sitting down on an old bench.

"Listen, I just wanted to apologise for the almost kiss thing before," He says looking at me.

"What do you mean? There's nothing to be sorry about" I smile at him.

"I know, I just didn't want you to feel like you were the problem when I didn't seem thrilled to kiss you." He sighs.

"No, that's totally fine." I shrug.

"I wouldn't cared, it's just I haven't had my first kiss yet." He looks down, I sit there kind of shocked. He's like one of the most popular boys in our grade.

"That's alright. I get it." I smile at him. Although I didn't get it, only because I had my first kiss ages ago. He smiles at me before standing up to head inside. I sit back for awhile, letting my thoughts run free. After awhile I head back inside as well.

When I walk into the living room, I spot Leo dancing with some blonde chick, Maggie, I think her name is. She's head Cheerleader and basic bitch of the school. I was a little mad honestly, how much of a player is this damn boy? He scans the room and his eyes lay on me, he sees me looking at him and he smirks, continuing to dance with Maggie.

What is he doing, is he trying to make me jealous? I have to remind myself that he doesn't give two shits about me, But just in case he was trying to make me jealous, I didn't feel like letting him win. I searched the room for a little bit, before spotting a friend of Donny's named Chad.

I walk over to him and hand him a beer, he looks abit confused, but you can see the amused expression on his face. I subtly take a glimpse in Leo's direction and he has his eyes plastered on me. I turn back to Chad and he smiles at me.

"Wanna dance?" He shouts over the music. I nod and he leads me to an open area. He grabs my waist and we start jumping to the music. Things begin to get more steamy when he lowers his hand to my butt and spins my around so I'm facing him. He leans in and so do I. Next minute I am pulling myself away from him to look at Leo. His body stiff as a brick, who's attention has been easily abandoned. I smiled, knowing I had accomplished my goal and walked off without a warning.

"Bella, where have you been?" Clarissa asks me, shouting through the music.

"Just been dancing." I smile, I look at the time, 11:40pm.
"I think I'll head home now, I'm getting bored." I yell before walking towards the front door and heading home.

Enjoy this chapter? Let me know what you think in the comments.
Vote
❤️