Their Story

(Art created by When_Is_My_Adventure Thank you!)mention a usermention a user

I knew I would have to play dumb. This was supposed to be the first time I've heard them speak of it.

Alex began, "About seven days ago we were on a small ship trying to stop some drug smugglers. The smugglers were much larger and stronger than us. There was probably no way we could win the fight. When the fighting was about to break out, the boat rocked. It made some of us fall, because it was so strong. But it gave us the advantage, and we stopped the smugglers."

Alex paused then continued, "There was a hole in the boat. So I went underwater to see what I could do about it. The hole was about one foot wide, but what I saw next to it was very strange. There were claw marks next to the hole. Then the next day we went to a warehouse. It was the same one that you and Elias had seen us at. So a man attacked me there, he had a knife, he probably would have killed me too. Except someone came and literally threw the man off of me. Then I heard the person run away. If I hadn't been saved I wouldn't be here right now."

He lets this settle in then went on, "We think whatever or whoever saved me made the hole in the boat too. I almost forgot to mention that Neil examined some blood we found in the warehouse, and it wasn't normal. What happened today was strange too. I think it was the same... thing or person. The marks on the lion were exactly the same as on the boat. Neil, could you tell us more detail about what happened today?"

Neil cleared his throat and said, "Well, whatever it was had a strange growl. I also heard flapping too, and I could feel wind rush by when I heard it. When I shot my gun I heard it cry out. It was hard to describe how it sounded. I wish I could have seen what it was. When we went back to get the lion I found three scales. The main thing is that I have its blood. When I look at it under the microscope I'll be able to tell if its the same type of blood that we found in the warehouse."

I spoke for the first time, "How can you tell that its the same?" I knew why already, but I wanted to make sure.

"There are strange cells in the blood. I've never seen or heard of anything like it. I can tell if it's the same if it has those cells in it." Neil said to me.

"Can you go further than that? I mean can you have it shipped to a lab and examine it then they would tell who's it was?" I said. I remembered Alex had told Neil to destroy the blood when we were at the beach. I wanted to know why, but I was hoping they wouldn't send it to a lab either. I was walking on dangerous grounds.

Alex answered, "We had thought about doing that, but we didn't. The person had run away from me at the warehouse. I tried telling him not to run, but he did anyway. Someone doesn't run away for no reason. I think he ran to protect himself. I understand why, because no one normal can throw a full grown man. This person doesn't want to be known about, and I respect that. Plus I wouldn't want the blood to get into the wrong hands. They are people who might try to find out who it was."

What Alex just said made me feel very relieved. They wouldn't be trying to figure out who it was, but that doesn't mean that the team might not try to figure out what it was though. That wouldn't matter as long as they didn't know who it was, and they'll never find out what I am. Never.

Westen started speaking, "What I don't understand is why there were scales there."

Neil shrugged and said, "I have no idea. All I can say is that the scales had blood on them. I should probably checked the blood I found on both the ground and the scales." He then stood up and walked upstairs.

I asked, "So you think that the same person that helped Alex helped Neil? It doesn't even sound like it would be human."

"We're not completely sure. We've never seen it so there is no way to tell. Except for its weird blood." Alex replied.