Sisters

"Where to now?" I asked.

     Neil answered, "Well, Mr.Liam said to travel towards the west coast so my best bet is to just go to Sacramento."

     Wow, Sacramento! I never thought that I would go there!

     Alex says from next to me, "We should get going now. I'm not sure if we can make it there before nightfall."

     Westen bought a t-shirt that had Death Valley National Park written on it. He had enjoyed the short visit there.

     Reina and I walked back out to the Mustang. A rush of hot air met me as I left the air-conditioned building. I actually enjoyed the warmth. I had been chilly in the visitor center.

     I got in the car as Reina turned the ignition. The clock on the screen said 1:31pm.

     I used my new cellphone to find out how long it would take to get to Sacramento. The answer it gave me was seven hours and fifty-five minutes.

     "We have a long way to go. Sacramento is 442 miles from here." I said to Reina.

     "Yeah, it'll take some time to get there, and the traffic might get backed up too." Reina said as she changed lanes.

     We mainly talked to each other and listened to the radio for the next eight hours and twenty minutes. I was always moving my sitting position. The whole time I wanted to be flying overhead toward Sacramento rather than sitting there in the car.

     We passed by the Hummer a few times, and we even waved at each other twice.

     At 9:53pm, Reina and I finally reached Sacramento. I called the others, and they said to meet them at a hotel called the Westen Coast Rooms.

     With help from the Mustang's GPS, we got there within fifteen minutes. I stiffly got out of the car. Reina had stopped at a rest station only three times during the whole entire car ride.

     "How do you guys get anything done when you're driving all the time?" I asked anyone who happened to be listening.

     Alex answered with a chuckle, "We don't drive that much. It's not like we're driving all the time. You're just not used to it."

     Everyone then went into the lobby of the hotel. Alex got the keys to our rooms. I looked at the brochures with Neil and Westen.

     Neil says, "I'll call Mr.Liam tomorrow morning."

     Alex then led us to our rooms. Reina and I stayed together in the same room again.

     Once we were situated, I took a shower. I wasn't dirty, but I took one anyway.

     I left the bathroom to find Reina coming in the room from the hallway.

     "Where did you go?" I asked her.

     "I was talking to the guys. It wasn't anything important though." She said to me.

     "Okay."

     I walked around our room trying to get some of the unused energy out of my body. I eventually gave up and went to sleep.

     The next morning I met Alex, Westen, and Neil in their hotel room. Reina also followed me in there too.

     Neil spoke to me as I walked in, "I just got more information from our boss. He wants us to go to Portland, Oregon. That is not our destination though."

     Does Mr.Liam want us to drive to Alaska?!

     "We should get going." Reina said to me.

     "Wait, aren't we going to eat breakfast?" I asked while following her out of the room, and into ours.

     "I'll pick something up for us on the way." Reina said from over her shoulder.

     We both left without saying bye to the guys. I thought that was weird, because Reina didn't even notify them about us leaving.

     They have everything planned out so I probably shouldn't worry. I instead pulled out my phone to see how many hours it would take to get to Portland. Its answer was nine hours and thirteen mintes. The distance from here to there was 580 miles.

     No wonder Reina is leaving so early.

     I felt Reina take a sharp turn, and I instantly looked up to see why. She was driving towards a massive parking lot.

     "What are you doing, and where are we?" I asked her.

     "Remember when I said you needed more clothes? Well, that's what were doing. We'll do some quick shopping then we'll meet up with the others later." Reina said to me with a smile.

     Reina must have planned this. That's why she was talking to the guys last night.

     I looked around us, and saw a sign that said Crewel Corner Mall. The name made it sound small, but it obviously wasn't. It was huge!

     It was early in the morning so there weren't many people present. Reina easily found a parking space. Then we went inside.

     I've been shopping before. When I used to live in the orphanage we would sometimes go shopping, but it wasn't at a place this big.

     We got out of the Mustang, and started walking to the doors of the mall.

     Reina turned back toward me, "Hey, I told you that I knew some good shopping places."

     "You were right." I said as I stared at my surroundings.

     I mostly followed Reina into various stores. She helped me with finding my size in clothes. She even made me try on a few things too.

     None of the clothes were fancy. They were every day clothes such as t-shirts, jeans, and shoes.

     Reina kept asking me if I liked this or that. Sometimes she would pick up something if I happened to take special notice in it.

     I looked over at her, and saw the pile of cloths slung over her arm.

     I said in a shocked voice, "Reina, that's a lot of clothes! I don't want to think of how much that will cost. You can't buy all of this."

     Reina said seriously, "Yes, I can buy it, and I will buy it. You're just like family to me, Anada. I'm going to get you something to wear."

     I didn't say anything else. Her words had struck me. They continued to replay in my head.

     I'm like family to her!

     Once she paid for the clothes and left the store, I said, "Thank you, Reina. You're the big sister that I never had."

     "Anada, you're the little sister that I never had until now." She said with a big smile.