An Unforgettable Show

I gazed up at the smooth dark ceiling. Faint blue light came in through the window from the street below. It's now nighttime, and I am in bed.
I'm mostly thinking about the day. My thoughts keep reliving the fight from earlier, and when the team saw me as a dragon. They had almost discovered my secret.
I can't live like this. I know that one day I'll have to tell them.
But how? That's the question I have tried to answer for a long time. You can't just say to them, "Hey, I'm a mythical beast."
Maybe this is just something that can happen overtime. I don't know how they would take it if I told them abruptly.
Then my mind drifted to the new vehicle the team had received from Mr.Liam. It's a dark blue Hummer with plenty of room for the team's supplies and equipment. The interior has expensive leather seats and an amazing sound system.
I was also reminded that Elias would have to go back home soon. When he gets home he'll talk with his parents about officially joining the team. So hopefully he won't be away from us long. It doesn't feel right when the team isn't together.
Sleep overcame me as I continued to stare at the ceiling.
The first thing I noticed when I woke was that Reina was playing loud music, and there was steam coming from the bathroom.
From behind me I heard Reina's voice say, "Look whose awake."
I turned over to find Reina on the couch with a towel around her head. She seemed to be pretty happy. It's probably because she took a shower.
"Why are you up so early?" I ask. The clock on the table next to the bed said 7:00am.
"Well, Westen got us some tickets to go to a circus. We're on vacation so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts." She answers with a smile. Then she starts brushing her wet hair.
I decide to also take a shower. When I get out I ask Reina when the show starts.
"Westen said that there was an early show that started at eleven thirty." Reina says while trying to choose an outfit from her suitcase.
Reina continues, "We have to stay together in a group. Drake may send more of his men after us, and I'm sure he will. I remember when we first stopped Drake. He is not someone you would want to meet."
When Reina says something like that I know she's serious about it.
After finding some decent clothes we met the guys in the other room for breakfast. Westen talked about the circus the whole entire time we ate. I became more excited as he described what the circus is like. You can probably guess that I've never been to one before.
We soon clean up, and get ready to go. I heard someone say that it may take a while to drive there since the circus is way across town.
Alex quickly speaks up while we're leaving, "There's not enough room in the Hummer for all six of us. There are only five seats. I'm sorry, Elias, you'll have to drive your Mustang. I'll give you the address so you can get there."
Alex wrote something on a piece of paper, and handed it to Elias. Elias seemed slightly disappointed about riding alone.
I suddenly say, "You know what? I'll ride with Elias so he won't be by himself." Elias immediately perks up. Who wouldn't want a dragon as a passenger?
"That's fine with me." Alex says.
Then we all leave. Elias uses his navigation in the Mustang to get to the circus site. On the way there, I stared out the window at everything passing by us.
When Elias and I had arrived here I hadn't paid attention to the surroundings, because I was more worried about the team's safety.
We arrive at the circus's location at the same time the team does. Elias and I meet them at the entrance, and we receive our tickets from Westen.
Neil decided that we should sit on the front row seats. Nobody disagreed.
We got there early so the show didn't start until fifteen minutes later.
When it did start I was amazed. There were many animals and people doing special tricks. I never looked away the whole entire time.
Right now there are some clowns trying to be silly by shooting at each other. Their guns are obviously fake though.
Suddenly a man in a dark outfit walks out from behind one of the many curtains. He stays in the shadows, and not many people see him. This man looks across the stadium to the opposite side. I follow his gaze to where he's looking. At first I don't see anyone or anything. Then I see a teenage boy run behind a curtain. Before he vanishes the other man raises a long black pistol with a silencer on it and pulls the trigger.
Apparently nobody hears the gunshot over the loud music.
I whirl toward my teammates. They had seen what had happened too. At least they didn't have tunnel vision like everyone else here
As the team leader, Alex says, "Westen and I will stop that man. Everyone else needs to find the boy. He may be seriously hurt."
We obeyed and ran to where the teenager had disappeared. I was the first behind the curtain. I could smell blood and hear moaning to my left.
"Hey, over here guys!" I said while motioning to my friends.
Together, we ran toward the area of the moaning. Behind some crates was a person in dark clothes clutching his bleeding leg.
Reina turned to Neil, "Call an ambulance."
The injured person jerked his head up at Reina's voice. I then saw this person's face for the first time. It was not a boy.
It was a teenage girl!