The Mistake

That night the team received a new message from Mr.Liam. He wanted the whole team to come into Portland to see him for a special meeting. Mr.Liam didn't say why he wanted to see the team.

     Mr.Liam still doesn't know about me so I'll have to hang out somewhere while the team is having the meeting with him.

     Reina said that she'd drop me off at the mall in Portland tomorrow during the meeting. I agreed, because there was nowhere else I could stay and she thought I might enjoy it. I would rather be there with a one of my friends instead of by myself.

     For the remainder of the day, we talked about what the others had done throughout their day while they were at the mill. They had found some evidence and disposed of the contraband, but nothing else had happened.

     Alex, Westen, Neil, and Reina asked a few more questions about being a dragon. I told them, and I was glad to tell them. I was happy that I didn't have to hide my secret anymore.

     At nine o'clock I took a shower then Reina helped me put on my new bandages. I went to bed after that. I was still very tired.

     I jerked awake when I felt someone shake my shoulder. It was only Reina.

     "It's time to get up." She said.

     "Whoa, already?" I asked and turned to looked at the clock. It was 7:00am, but I felt like I had just went to sleep. Why is sleeping like that?

     "Yeah, Mr.Liam must have something important for us to do, because he wants us there by ten fifteen." Reina says to me.

     I drag myself out of bed and get ready for the day. When I'm done Westen tells me that we won't be coming back to Rhododendron, and I have to pack my stuff. We leave at 8:00, and reach Portland by 9:08. I rode with Elias as usual.   "Are you going to be alright at the mall?" Elias asks as we approach the Portland mall parking lot.

     "Yeah. I've got my phone." I say.

     "Okay, just keep your eye open for you-know-who." He says as he drives up to the mall doors.

     I open my door and ask, "When will you be back to pick me up?"

     "Um... probably at twelve. I'll call you to let know." Elias says.

      I get out and Elias continues, "Have a good time!"

      I turn to him, "I'll try."

     Then I close the passenger door and walk toward the glass doors of the mall. I turn back as the Mustang pulls away. Elias is waving goodbye, and I wave back.

     I walk into the mall when the car is gone. Many other people are walking around.

     What am I going to do for the next couple of hours?

     Reina had given me a hundred dollars. She was going to give me more, but I told her that I probably wouldn't get much of anything.

     I walked in and out of stores. I mostly window shopped, and only looked at clothes.

      The scents from the food court pulled me in. I bought some pizza, and I sat down to enjoy it. The pizza was the only thing I bought so the cashier was probably confused when I handed him a hundred dollar bill.

      I continued to wander around the mall after I ate. At 11:19 my cell phone rang. I pulled it out my pocket and saw that it was Elias calling.