First Sight

(Art created by wingedalpha Thank you!)

I was frozen in fear. Alex, Reina, Neil, and Westen were staring at me in unbelief. For the next ten seconds nobody said or did anything.

Then without warning, I ran to the nearby sliding glass doors. I grabbed the handle and flung the door open. Once I was on the balcony I opened my wings and jumped into the air. My large wings vigorously pumped up and down. I was soon high above the buildings.

I hope no one notices the dragon flying above them.

Instinctively, I wanted to fly far away, but I didn't. I couldn't. My fear told me that there nowhere was safe, but my brain told me otherwise.

Instead I flew back to our hotel. Then I landed on the other balcony. Voices in the other room could be heard from outside. I shifted and ran inside to the other room where everyone else was. The team was still inside the room. They were all rapidly talking. They stopped when I came in.

"What happened? The men locked me in the closet when they attacked." I asked my fake questions quickly.

Westen replies, "Well... um. We just got here and..."

''Wait, are you guys okay? Are you hurt?'' Reina abruptly asks Elias and I.

Elias says, ''I'm alright. What about you, Anada?''

''I'm good.'' But I could've been better though. I could feel the bruises all over me now.

Then Neil asks, ''So what happened here?''

"How about Elias explains what happened." Alex says. He too seemed very confused.

Everyone turns to Elias. He gives me a 'what-should-I-say' look. I shrug in response.

Elias begins slowly, "We were in the room and someone knocked on the door. I asked who it was, and they said they were room service. So I opened the door and looked into the hallway. Then these men forced their way in. They trapped Anada in the closet, and kept asking where you were. So I ran into this room and tried blocking the door, but they still came in. Then that dragon came in from the balcony. It fought the men. Then that's when you guys came in."

I heard Westen mumble, "I never thought about a dragon."

"Huh?" I ask.

Alex says, "That's what made the hole in the boat and what saved Neil. There is no other explanation. The claw marks, the strange blood, the scales we found. That was our mystery creature. The one that we could never figure out."

"Hey, I hate to break up this conversation, but we have to do something with these guys." Reina said while pointing down at the hurt men across the floor.

So Westen called the police department, and the men were taken away by the police. While that was happening, Neil called Mr.Liam and told him about the attack. Except he left out the dragon part.

An hour later we sat down in one of the rooms and resumed the conversation.

Westen spoke first, "So the whole time it was a dragon? Plus, how does it know where we're at? It was at the beach, then the mountains, and now it's here in Las Vegas."

Alex answered, "Yes, it was a dragon. Well, I should say the dragon. There's only one, but I have no idea how it knows where we're at."

Then Neil spoke out for the first time, "Remember when we were on the boat and I said that there are some things that we'll never understand? Well, we've figured out what it was that caused that hole. So maybe one day we'll find out why it seems to be... protecting us."

"That's the real question. Why is it helping us? It helped us on the boat. I think it saved Alex from being stabbed, but I'm not sure. Then it saved Neil from the mountain lion, and it just saved Elias too." Reina says in disbelief.

Everyone, including me, nodded their head in agreement. I had to look unsuspicious in this situation.

"We found out what it was so maybe we'll find out why it did those things." Neil adds in.

The room was quiet for the next couple of minutes. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts. My thoughts went to the men who had attacked us. Were they part of Drakes group? Were they here to harm the team or worse?

I ask, "So were those men connected to Drake?''

Neil says, "Yes, when I called Mr.Liam he confirmed the description of them. Apparently they're still trying to get rid of us."

"So how did they know we were here?" I asked slowly.

My question hung in the air while everyone thought about the solution to it. I looked over at Elias. He too seemed confused.

"They must have followed us." Alex says.

The room got quiet again. I'm used to silence, because I've lived almost completely alone for a year. Except my life has changed, and I don't care for my past lonely life.

So I break the silence, "So how did the meeting with Mr.Liam go?"

Reina answers excitedly, "It went great! First of all we got a new vehicle, and we'll have a new assignment in a few days."

Reina has been wanting a new vehicle since we were in the mountain. It seems that her wish has come finally true.

''That's great. Now we have a new van!'' I say to everyone.

A sly mischievous smile grows on her face. Then I become confused.

Reina says, ''It's not a van.''

Huh? What else would it be?

''It's a Hummer!"

Elias cuts in, "Whoa, you got one of those army van things?"

''Sure did.'' Westen says proudly.

''Can we all fit in it?" I then ask them.

My answer comes from Alex, "If we can't fit in then we'll find a way to.''

Now everyone has a new vehicle. Elias has his Mustang, and the team has a brand new Hummer.