Disaster

We started traveling to Seattle the next morning. It was cloudy and rain threatened. I was riding with Elias, and we were talking about Galvin again.

     "I had to sleep in the same room with him." He says unhappily.

     "Was it that bad?" I asked.

     "Yeah, he snores really loud. I'm surprised that I even fell asleep." Elias says.

     I laughed and looked ahead of us. The highway only had a few vehicles driving along it. It was only us, the Hummer, and a tractor trailer driving in front of the Hummer. We were behind the Hummer.

     We had been driving for two hours already. Then about thirty minutes ago we got stuck behind this slow tractor trailer.

     "Why is it going so slow?" Elias asks.

     I felt my stomach tighten up. Something wasn't right. I could feel it.

     Suddenly the tractor trailer slowed to a stop. It was diagonal and it blocked both sides of the road. Elias stopped the Mustang, and we waited inside to see what the others would do.

     They climbed out of the Hummer so we decided to follow them. We got out and walked to them.

     Elias asks Alex, "What's going on?"

     "I don't know." Alex quietly says.

     The driver of the tractor trailer hopped out of the cab of his truck. He left the door open. Then he walked toward the back of the trailer. I could tell instantly that something bad was about to happen.

     "Elias." I whisper.

     "I'm right here." He says.

     Alex asks the man, "What's going on? Is there something wrong with your truck?"

     The man looks at us and says, "Oh, there's nothing wrong at all."

     He quickly opens the doors on the back of the trailer, and ten men with guns jump out. The team point their own guns back at them. We stand there staring at each other. I'm the only person on our team who doesn't have a gun.

     One of the men says, "Put down your weapons!"

     "Why? What do you want?" Alex asks loudly.

     I immediatly hear a click close to my head. Then a piece of cold metal was pressed against my temple.

     Then Galvin's voice says from next to me, "We want her."

     The team turns back to see Galvin pointing a gun at my head. Before Elias can turn his weapon on him, Galvin grabs me and uses me as a shield.

     "Put your weapons down." Galvin says.

     I look at Galvin out of the corner of my eye. Something evil has consumed him. The clouds overhead make the scene darker than it was before.

     "I said put down your weapons." Galvin harshly repeats.

     The team slowly lower their guns.

     This can't be happening!

     "You're a double agent." I say without turning my head.

     "I sure am." Galvin says.

     Elias asks, "What do you want with her?"

     "It's not me who wants her. It's my boss." Galvin says coldly.