The Wreck

We left the Crewel Corner Mall at 9:50pm.

     I found out from Reina that the guys had already started traveling while we were at the mall. Reina also said that we didn't have to get to Portland today. We could travel half way there today if we didn't have enough time.

     We were on the interstate, and I started looking at the different cars passing us.

     One in particular caught my attention. It was a small white car with a black Chinese dragon painted across its doors.

     Ha, they don't even know that there is a real dragon.
     Then I started thinking. If I'm a dragon then does that mean that there could be other dragons out there?

     I momentarily got excited, but it didn't last long.

     That can't be possible. What if I am the only one?

     I had thought about this many times before. If there are other dragons like me out there they are probably keeping it a secret too.

     But there may not be dragons. There may be other types of shapeshifters. Not just dragons alone.

     One day I will find someone like me.
     We had been riding for about three hours. When I suddenly heard the screeching of brakes, and looked up in front of us.

     Five cars were slamming into each other. They hit one another with a sickening sound of crushing metal and breaking glass.

     A blue car was hit by another car, and was pushed into the guard rails on the side of the road. The guard rails couldn't take the impact, and the blue car went right through it. The car then started sliding down the steep tree covered hill.

     Reina had stopped the car. We were not far away from the unfolding scene.

     I quickly said, "I'll be right back!"

     I couldn't watch and not do anything about it. The side of me that was a dragon was coming out. I wasn't shifting, but I was still taking action.

     I jumped out of the Mustang, and started running to the broken guard rail. The passengers from the others cars were yelling at each other with angry words. Had they not seen the car which had disappeared over the side of the hill?

     Some other people were coming from the interstate traffic. They came to help the hurt people.

     I ran past them as I reached the side of the hill. The blue car was starting to role over on its side. I then started down the hill. The ground beneath me was churned up from the car, and it was hard to make my way down the hill.

     Some people above me were trying to tell me to stop. They kept saying it was too dangerous for me. Then I heard Reina tell them that I knew what I was doing.

     The car was now rolling faster. It was headed straight towards a lake at the bottom of the hill!

     No, no, no! I have to move faster.

     I jumped. The jump ended up being really big, because I used some of my dragon strength. It helped me get to the car faster though.

     I got to the car as it went into the lake. Then the car slowly started sinking. I tripped over a root and fell into the lake. I ignored my fault, and swam to the car.

     There was a woman in the driver's seat. A dismayed look covered her face.

     She saw me and said, "Help me! The door won't open! I'm going to die!"