Saving Friends

We immediately checked-out of the hotel. There was no time to loose. Our friends were in great danger, and they didn't even know it either.

The team was heading north, but we didn't know where to. The only thing that we could do was use the tracker to find them.

Elias was now driving up the interstate. He was going much faster than the speed limit. The high speed is required if we're going to find the team.

"Hey, if we get pulled over I don't know how you'll explain how this is your car. Last time I checked, we took this car from a bunch of men who kidnapped us." I said to him.

"Does this speed scare you?" He said joking with me.

"I fly faster than this. It's not how fast we're going it's how good you can drive going fast." I said.

I looked out the window as we pass another car. There was a woman driving it. She gave us a really funny look as we went by. I told Elias and it gave us something to laugh about.

"So where do you think they're going?" I asked Elias as I looked at the screen that had the team pinpointed.

"They're headed straight toward Las Vegas, Nevada. We'll be there in a few hours."

"Do you think we'll find them before those other people do?"

"I'm not sure." Elias said gravely.

The light outside was slowly leaving the sky as the day progressed. The clock in the car said 7:18pm. The traffic started to increase as we got closer to the busy city.

I watched the screen in the car. The small dot that represented the team was closer than ever now. We were so close to finding them.

"It looks like they've slowed down. If they stay in the same area we might be able to find them." Elias said hopefully.

I looked at him as he smiled at me. I remember when I first meet Elias. His smile was the first thing I had noticed about him. We had only known each other for a short time, but we had gone through so much together in the last few days.

The dot on the screen had stopped. Hope rose within me that they would stay there until we came.

We were now deep within the city. The place they were at was only a small distance away.

Tall buildings surrounded us. Everywhere we looked there was some type of large structure. Bright light bulbs flashed across signs. The smell of fried foot sometimes could be smelled. Pedestrian walked across the road at random.

I looked over at the screen for the millionth time. Then suddenly the dot disappeared.

"Elias, we've got a problem here." I said and pointed at the screen.

Elias glared at the screen, "The battery in the tracker should still be strong. I put it under the gas tank. Someone must have found it and destroyed it."

"Do you think those people found them?" I asked as fear grew inside me.

"We'll soon find out. They should be right down this street." He replied.