Truth

I slowly opened my eyes. Sunlight filtered in through the window. I was in our hotel room.

Memories from last night filled my head. I remember falling out of the sky. I remember the scared sound in Elias's voice. I remember everything.

I look around to see if anyone is in the room with me. There's only one person with me.

A wooden chair was pushed up next to the bed I'm on. Elias is sitting and sleeping in it. He was leaned forward, and his head was laying on the edge of the bed. He looked very tired, and I wondered how late he must have stayed up.

I'm lying on my stomach. I try to sit up, but my back still hurts. There's a bandage wrapped around my right arm, and I also feel one on my back.

I try to get up again, and manage to get in a sitting position. I keep quiet so I don't wake Elias, but that doesn't work.

"Hey, your finally awake." Elias says and straightens up on his chair.

He continues, "How do you feel?"

"I could be better. How long have I been asleep?" I asked. My right arm throbbed.

Elias says, "Since six o'clock last night. It's nine now."

I continued to try to sit up higher.

"Whoa, take it easy. Hear drink some water. You're probably dehydrated." He hands me a glass of water.

I quickly drink the water. I was very thristy.

"Don't drown yourself." Elias says smiling.

"I can't drown, remember?" I hand the glass back to him.

"Oh, yeah." He says then goes quiet.

I ask, "What's wrong?"

Elias says, "This is all my fault."

"No, it's not. How could it be your fault? It's my fault. I went outside and ran into Drake." I said to him.

"Huh? Wait. Drake did this to you?" Elias asks.

I say, "Yeah, I thought you knew."

"No, I didn't. We were inside and we heard an explosion. When we went outside there was no one around. Alex saw a tree on fire, and was going to check it out. He thought it had something to do with the dragon. So I went with him. Then we found you. Do you remember anything else from last night?"

"Yeah, you and Alex were arguing about taking me to the hospital. I said that I would explain everything." I said.

Elias says with a sigh, "I had remembered that if you go to the hospital people might find out your secret. I got Alex to come by here. Then I tried to keep you here in Rhododendron. He got upset, because he didn't know why I wanted to keep you here."

He continued, "I really thought that you wouldn't make it. I don't know how you're still alive."

We remained quiet for the next two minutes. The action from last night was replaying in my head.

Elias suddenly said, "The others are going to want answers. You promised that you would explain everything to them. They probably have a million questions already."

I thought for a second then said, "Elias... I think I should tell them. I can't keep it from them forever."

"That might be the best thing to do. I wanted you to be the one to tell them." Elias says.

"Thank you for keeping my secret." I say to him.

He nods and says, "You want me to get them now?"