Chapter 32: Independence Day Part 1

A/n: This is the 1st episode. Everyone knows Percy is alive. She contacted Clark. The war is over. We will be getting into the show now. Also Percy is 16, Kaldur is 17, Roy is 18, Wally is 15, Dick is 13, Anthony is 16, and Connor (when we meet him) will appear 16. If wording is in italics its a prayer to a god. Now on to the chapter.

Gotham City; July 4th; 12:00 EDT

Robin's POV

Today's the day! But of course something has to get in the way! That something is Mr.Freeze.

The ice villain freezes a family of picnickers.

Freeze: My family has other plans.

He slides down his ice ramp. He takes aim at more citizens. I stop him with a Bat-a-rang. Score, it throws his aim off!

Freeze: Batman. I was wondering when-

He turns to see an empty park. I laugh. I jump on him, knocking the ice villain down to the ground. Then I throw two bird-a-rangs at his helmet, cracking it.

You would think he'd figure out how to keep it from cracking/breaking. I mean the man is a genius. If I was him I would. The breaking helmet is a real hindrance in a fight. Though it does make it easier to fight and beat him.

Freeze: Oh, Boy Wonder. The Bat sent you to drag me off to prison. Frankly, I'm underwhelmed.

He raises himself himself from the ground and aims his gun at me. He doesn't see Batman giving me hand signs on how we will take down Mr.Freeze.

Me: Great, but I'm kinda in a hurry here.

The gun starts to turn on.

Another hindrance. His gun takes to long to turn on. It just buzzes.

Freeze: Kids. Always in a hurry.

Me: Not talking to you.

Freeze is very confused. I point to Batman, who Freeze still doesn't know he is behind him. Freeze turns to a surprise. A flying punch to the face by my adopted father, Batman. (A/n: I don't know if he is ever officially adopted, but Batman/Bruce has called Robin/Nightwing/Dick his son in multiply comics, games, etc) The punch broke the glass of his helmet.

Star City Main Bridge; July 4th; 9:01 PDT

Speedy's POV

Today's the day. But this stupid ice villain, Icicle Junior, is being a pain. Green Arrow and I are standing on one of the bridge towers.

Junior is icing the bridge, knocking cars off balance and laughing maniacally. This is so lame. He gets hit the shoulder by one of GA's arrows. I shoot one of my exploding arrows. The blast knocks him off balance. He looks up at us, aiming more arrow's at him.

Junior: Finally! I was wondering what a guy had to do to get a little attention around here.

His left arm becomes bigger and more mace like from the the ice growing on his arm. Junior brings his ice covered arm back and launching icicles at us. We dodge them easily. He keeps throwing volley after volley, but like before, he can't touch us.

I'm getting really annoyed. Junior is wasting my time.

Me: Junior's doing this for attention. I'm telling you now. This little distraction better not interfere.