Chapter 39: Fireworks Part 3

Superboy's POV

With the G-gnome on my shoulder I walk down the hall in a haze. I'm aware of what I'm doing but I'm not in control. It is like I am watching everything through a foggy glass.

Through the glass I hear Aqualad whispering to me. I also hear the screams of Robin, Kid Flash, and the girl.

Aqualad: Superboy, you live. That gives you the right to follow your own path. A weapon or a person, the choice is yours, but ask yourself, "What would Superman do?"

I stop short at those words. My eyebrows crease as I'm filled with determination. I can still hear the girl's screaming. Her screams shatter the glass; I know what I have to do.

With a boom I rip the containment room's door off its track

With a boom I rip the containment room's door off its track. It crinkles like paper in my hands. Holding the door over my head I throw it away as the DNA extractor powers down. I stalk into the room. Desmond, Guardian, and Dubbliex all make their way towards me.

Desmond: I told you to get back to you-

I don't let him finish. With my right-hand I swipe him away and with my left I take out Guardian and Dubbilex. Guardian gets thrown into the wall, while Dubbliex and Desmond fall to the ground with a thud.

I stand tall and glare down at Desmond.

Me: Don't give me orders.

I am practically growling at this point. I step up so that I am in front of the teen heroes.

Kid Flash: You here to help us or fry us?

Girl: Why would you ask him that? 

I glare at the red head for a moment, but nothing happens.

Me: Huh. I don't seem to have heat vision, so I suppose helping is my only option.

Robin manages to get his wrist restraints open, then he jumps from his pod.

Robin: Ahh! Finally! Lucky Batman isn't here. He'd have my head for taking so long.

Kid Flash: Seriously, that's what you're worried about? The whole League will have our heads after tonight!

The girl sighs.

Girl: I'm so grounded.

Robin ignores both of them and goes to the control station. Hitting one of the buttons the arms retract from the remaining teens' chest as well as open their pods. He turns to me.

Robin: Get Aqualad and Percy. I'll get Kid Mouth.

Me: Don't give me orders either.

Even though I didn't appreciate the orders I go to release Aqualad first. I rip the restraints apart with ease.

Aqualad was weak from the torture. I had to catch his shoulders to keep the Atlantean from falling to the ground.

Aqualad: Thank you.

I nod and head over to the girl. I believe Robin called her Percy. As I walk towards Percy I notice that her strength is returning. Before I can rip her restraints off, she dose it herself. I help her out of the pod.

Percy: I'm glad you came back.

She smiles at me. I give her a small smile in return.

Me: Me too.

In no time everyone is out of their pods. Desmond begins to come to and his fellow scientist tries to wake Guardian.

Desmond: You-you'll never get out of here! I'll have you back in pods by morning!

 Percy: I'd like to see you try!

As we start to run out Robin and Kid Flash pause at the doorway.

Robin: That guy is not whelmed. Not whelmed at all.

He launches four disk back into the room. They turn to follow us.

Kid Flash: What is with you and this whelmed thing?

Percy: Come on you two!

Robin: Sorry. Trying to keep them from cloning us!

As he says that the four disks hit the DNA containers. Seconds later the disks explodes. Taking out the entire lab. Desmond stands before the destroyed lab with anger clear on his face. A G-gnome jumps onto his shoulder.

Desmond: Activate every Genomorph in Cadmus.

The G-gnome's horns glow red. I know what that means, telepathic connections to other Genomorphs.

Percy: Now come on! We have to get out of here!

Without hesitation we rush off.