Chapter 43: Welcome to Happy Harbor Part 1

A/n: I'm so sorry I was working on chapters then I got a puppy and school started. All AP/College Courses/Advance classes. To make matters worse my computer needs fixed and I've lost my phone. Write now I'm using my parents computer. So sorry. Also I'm thinking now that I'm into episodes I'm going to update when I have all of the episode parts done after this one. Also I can't decide on Percy's codename. Please vote if it should be Hurricane, Tidal Wave, or Riptide. Now enjoy the chapter.

Percy's POV

Star City Docks; July 17th, 23:16 PDT

Under the cover of darkness, two goons are unloading a truck with the stars as their only witness. Or so they think. Currently Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and I are got to try to convince Speedy, also known as Arrowhead, to come join our new team. Also I needed an excuse to try out my new super suit. 

My suit is fire proof, water proof (like that matters), and it covers my weak spot on my back

My suit is fire proof, water proof (like that matters), and it covers my weak spot on my back. There is this shear fabric that is completely indestructible. A gift from Hephaestus and Athena. They said I needed something other than luck. And they aren't wrong when is luck ever on my side?

The two goons pick a long, flat container. As they remove the box an arrow drops between the two of them. The arrow has red fletching (feathers on the end of an arrow) and the area that would have been the arrowhead blinks bright red. With little time to react the bad guys are surrounded by gas. The two drop the box as they stubble away. The crate pops open to reveal a high-tech guns. One of the guns slides to the feet of there boss, Brick.

Brick takes the gun and aims as the barrel light up with three red streaks

Brick takes the gun and aims as the barrel light up with three red streaks. Which can't be good. In my experience technology isn't my friend. It either becomes a homing beacon for monsters, or I magically ruin a multi-million dollar project. Sorry Wayne-Enterprises! But that's not important right now.

What is important is that Brick has zeroed in on Speedy, who is in old costume but ditched the hat. He no longer looks like Robin Hood. Which sucks for me cause I have to flush 90% of my jokes down the toilet.

"You again!" Brick yells at the older teen. "I'm starting get insulted Green Arrow's not messing up my operation personally." he shoots at Speedy.

The former sidekick dives right and jumps onto a near by structure. He then grabs onto the railing of a walk way, but instead of climbing up he drops down with a flip. He runs across the lower catwalk. The red crook keeps shooting behind Roy when he realizes that's not working. I even know to aim where my target will be. The projectile reaching that spot is a whole other story. Brick finally aims just in front of my friend. Speedy does an aerial cartwheel to avoid the blast. However the more impressive feet is that e does this while nocking, aiming, and firing the arrow right down the gun's barrel. The gun explodes in Brick's hand. Brick is fine. His suit, not so much. It is in pieces. Only hanging to the meta's body by a thread. 

"Do you know what I pay for a suit in my size?!" he yells at the arrow themed 18-year-old. I think Brick's angry, don't you?

"Scorch the Earth, boys." he commands.

I take that as my cue, and so do my comrades. A blur, Kid Flash a.k.a Kid Mouth, comes zooming through. Two of the goons find themselves on the ground weaponless. 

The other four turn towards the direction the blur went. But they loose their guns because the one the only Robin, and or Birdie depending on the day, threw his disks at them as he swings past them into an opening in the crates with his happy cackle. They all turn to watch the boy wonder, but instead face Aqualad (Fishboy) and myself.

We drop from the top of the crates. My Atlantean friend turns his water-bears to whips while I summon some (a lot) of water to create a wave. Simultaneously, I will the wave to sweep two of the goons into a stack of wooden boxes and Aqualad knocks the finale two into the back of the truck.

I quickly survey the scene. All the lackeys are unconscious. Good!

BAM! Well almost everyone.

I look to see Brick throwing concrete at Speedy. However, Speedy jumps out of the way, nocking an arrow. Aqualad and I jump to join Speedy. The other water based hero is wielding a mace and a sword. I pull out Tide Wave. Aqualad chops a piece of concrete in two. I blast another piece into dust when it gets too close to Speedy. We water heroes gave Speedy the opening to hit Brik with a gas arrow.

 Speedy walks to the slightly out of breath Atlantean, who put away his water-bearers, and I follow. "The cave is perfect. It has everything the team will need." Fishboy tells Arrowhead.

"For covert missions." Birdie says dropping down behind Speedy. "You know, spy stuff."

Kid Mouth runs up the crates like it is a half pipe. But since he over shot the floor he uses his momentum to flip and land. "And wait till you see Superboy and Miss Martian. Ad Percy is joining!" he says excitedly. "But I saw her first.'

"Which her? And I'm a founding member!" I yell as we all dive away from more concrete. Apparently the gas wasn't strong enough to take Brick down. Actually, I was wrong about the all part. Aqualad stands firm, summons duel maces, smashes the hunk of rock into pebbles. Roy shoots two arrows at Brick. they stick to his chest and explode three times. All the evil meta does is chuckle. "Tell Arrow he shouldn't send a boy to do  man's job."

I jump down so that I can stare down Brick. "I'd have to disagree. You always send a female to do a man's job." With a twirl of Tidal Wave I blast Brick with a blue beam. He hits a stack of crates. They all fall on top of him. And he's out for the count. Point Percy! 

I vapor travel back to the boys. Kid Flash skids to my side. "That was awesome!"

Speedy turns his back on us and walks away, but he has to pass Aqualad and Robin. "So Speedy you in?" Robin asks.

"Pass." the oldest boy says firmly. He stops walking for a moment. "I'm done letting Green Arrow and the League tell me what to do. I don't need a babysitter or a clubhouse to hang out with the other kids. Your Junior Justice League is a joke." We all stiffen. Roy continues. "Some thing to keep you busy and in your place." He growls and looks right at Dick before walking off. "I don't want any part of it."

The boys can only watch has there oldest friend turns his back on them. I don't understand how Roy could do this? The others looked up to him and he just left us and insulted the team. . The boys look at each other shocked. I run after Roy.

"Speedy." no answer, "Arrowhead." he turns his head a little but keeps walking. "Roy!" He stops.

I give him my own version of a bat-glare. He flinches a little. "How dare you!" I yell. "First you throw a tantrum and abandon your friends! Which is the most unattractive trait in a male!"

"You find me attractive?" he asks. "Not the point!" I bite back.

"The point is your being a jerk! Kaldur, Dick, and Wally came to ask you nicely to join our team. And what do you do? You insult us!" I say very angry. Angry isn't even the best word to describe how furious I am right now.

"What about you?" Roy asks. "What about me?" I snap. "Do you want me to join?" the older boy replies. 

I sigh and turn away. "Yeah, I do, but I knew you'd say no."

Roy gently grabs my arm to turn me around. He rubs his thumb across my bare arm. "I'm sorry for what I said. I'm still angry with the League. But I'm not done with my friends," he looks me right in the eye. We stare into each others souls. My heart starts to flutter. "And I'm no where near done with you, Percy." He leans down and kisses my forehead. Which according to the Aphrodite kids, means he wants to be more then friends, thinks I'm special, respects me, apricates me, or all of the above.

"By the way, you look good in your suit."

He turns to walk away, but before he is completely gone he looks at me from over his shoulder. Then he's gone.

What just happened.

A/n: Please vote for what you want to Percy's codename to be. If you don't know what the options are go to the top and read that authors note. Hope you enjoyed please comment and vote.