𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

I didn't mean to... I thought while hanging my head, hiding my face from those walking past me.

I continued to walk through the streets of the heavily polluted city. The naturally grey sky seemed dark than usual as if it could sense my souring mood. The maze-like streets buzzed with energy and people, juxtaposing the weather and creating a stifling atmosphere. 

I continued to head towards my destination, never wavering in my path. The gates of the cemetery swung lazily in the light wind that swept through the vacant lot. 

I walked through the lines of tombstones until I was in front of a small grave, it was by its lonesome in the corner of the fenced-off area. It seemed to be once accompanied by an oak tree but all that remained of the plant was its stump. 

The grave had graffiti littering its surface, the cross seemed to be knocked off and was now propped against the aforementioned stump. It lay there, moss covering its surface and wines slowly making their way to wrap over the loose appendage. 

I stayed stoic in my stand staring over the grave.

People disrespect the dead and then expect to find peace, I thought with a huff. The cold crisp air sent tingles up my arms and spin despite my aviator jacket engulfing my figure. 

I was conflicted for a moment as a sense of longing welled up in my stomach. The feeling of want, a craving that could never be satiated... not anymore.

The desire to return to a sense of formality.

The desire to go home.

(A/N: My friend (Rubix__Cubez) has decided to make a fanfiction crossover between Harry Potter and PJO. Please go check that out :)).

[Edited: 20/06/2023]