The Underworld

Previously in Fused Shadows: I hope Nico is okay, I thought as I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Nico's POV

(A/N: Persephone's and Nico's relationship is different in my book because, my book is MY book. If you don't like then too bad).

FLASHBACK

"How dare you!!" screamed Hades, "You killed someone!! You gave me a bad name!! Thank fuck Hazel decided to banish you!! You're a mistake! Bianca wouldn't have let this happen! You're a f..." he trailed off at the end as he looked at me, just realising he slapped me.

My eyes watered slightly as the stinging in my check became numb. Hades tried to grab my shoulder but I flinched back and ran to my room.

FLASHBACK END

I was in my room in the underworld thinking about what had just happened. I mean he has said those things before but the slap that was new. I mean I think he's wanted to before but he never did, I thought as I laid on my bed, I think I had it coming but it still hurts.

I heard a knock on the door and said, "Come in." To whoever it was. Persephone entered my room and sat down on my bed next to my now sitting figure.

"Hey Nico. Are you okay?" she asked in a soothing tone as she ran her hand through my hair. I leaned into her touch and replied with,

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking." She didn't look convinced at all. She did look concerned and worried. What's up with people and worrying about me? I thought.

"Hey Nico, can I bless you. I mean you don't have to answer now. I just want you to sort of feel like my son so I thought that if I bless you it might umm yea. It can w-" I cut off her ramble by smiling and replying with,

"I know what you meant and sure... mum." She smiled as she kissed my forehead. I felt power rush through my body.

"You now have the power to summon flowers and bring plants back to life." She said, "Goodnight... My son." I heard the door close as I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

TIMESKIP

I woke up and went straight to the underworlds library I wanted to do some research on the thing that possessed me. Now in reality I was going to do that as some as I got out of camp but I had to take a few detours. I had my sword resting in its seethe on my hip.

I went to the section on Greek Monsters. I went to the contents of random book and went down to the letter 'e'. I went down a bit more and then turned to the page of the monster that possessed me.

Eidolon – Possessing ghost

Eidolon (Eye-doh-lons) are phantoms, ghosts or spirits that can infest and take over some living victim's body. It wasn't always a negative thing, and often times, it was only temporary, for a ghost to deliver a message, do some deed for a god, or take care of unfinished business before they finally give up and give in to the draw of the Underworld.

(A/N: I got this off the internet I don't own the information, don't hurt me if it is wrong).

I was in the library for around 2 more hours. I was reading up on some fight techniques and other monsters before I finally decided to go practice with my new powers the gods gave me.

I went to the room next to the throne room. I opened the door and saw a range for archery, a rack of weapons, there was a mat in the centre of the room, punching bags in the left corner and dummies to practice sword fighting on.

I went to the rack of weapons, I grabbed a bow and some arrows. I put my sword on a bench and got in position around 12 meters away from a target. I closed my eyes and notched the arrow. I pulled back and the released the projectile. I opened my eyes and looked at my target, the arrow went straight through the targets centre.

I picked up my sword and positioned myself in front of one of the dummies. I circled the lifeless hunk of metal. I lifted my sword and rushed towards it. I cut it along the 'torso' and watched it fall to the ground with a loud 'thud'.

I stared down at the dummy and felt tears brim at the corners of my eyes. I wipe them away quickly and positioned myself in front of another dummy this time with a dagger in my hand.

I rushed at the dummy again and repeated this process for a few more hours. I need to get stronger, I need to be better and faster. I NEED to change.

TIMESKIP ONE MONTHS LATER (But in the 'real' world it was 2 months)

I punched the punching bag repeatedly.

Over the past 2 months I have been training really hard but I haven't eaten anything in these two months either and I guess that's taking its toll. Despite my training I'm still as skinny as ever. I've been avoiding my father, he has tried to make me go out of the underworld and eat but I've avoided talking. I spend my time in the library, my stepmother's garden or the gym training.

My punches became sharper and more lethal. The bag filled with sand started to rattle on its chains.

I don't care about my body's state right now. I NEED to get better. I NEED to change.

I continued to ruthlessly abuse the bag until its material broke with my last punch and the sand started to pour out.

I heard clapping from behind me as I walked to the bench to get a towel to wipe of the sweat that had collected itself on my forehead. I turned around and saw my stepmother leaning against the doorframe with a sweet but concerned smile.

"How are you feeling, Nico?" She asked to which I replied with a shrug, she sighed, "Nico you need to eat and you need the sun you're paler than usual!"

I was about to object but she cut me off with a stern and motherly glare. I sighed, "Even if I do go back up there where will I go?"

Persephone smiled, "That is up to you." She walked off to gods know where.

I sighed once again and walked off to my room to grab my stuff. I think it is time to go. I can't stay here forever, I thought, Okay I'm going to travel back up there and whatever city I land in I will stay and try to live a normal life.

I went to my closet and grabbed 3 black jeans, 2 grey jeans, 2 plain black shirts, 3 black shirts with writing on them and my black converses. I went to my desk and grabbed my sketch pad, case of pencils, a pouch with around 200 American dollars and medical supplies. I shoved all of these things into my duffle bag and looked around my room. I put my phone in my pocket and sighed.

I'm having Déjà vu, I thought as I walked in to the corner of my room with my bag on my shoulder.

(A/N: Hey people and aliens alike... What's up? Also, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you all in the next update which I hope will be soon. Anyway bye, bye).