𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙶𝚘𝚝-𝙷𝚊𝚖

Nico's POV

When I said anywhere, I meant like Rome or Greece, I mused to myself as I moved around seemingly vacant streets of a city that was basically ninety-nine percent pollution.

I quickly disguised my demigod sent, something I learnt from my time in the library in the Underworld.

I looked around, the dark cloudy sky was familiar and so were the rundown buildings. There were a few new-looking ones such as the Starbucks across the street or the small bakery that was tucked away on the corner of the street.

A few clothing stores were dotted around along with a Mall at the end of the almost empty street.

I'm not too sure why it seemed familiar to me...

There were only a few people on the street since it was closing in on seven at night. The only sign of life I could clearly see was an old man that looked to be having trouble with balancing his shopping and opening his car, a lady waiting at what looked like a bus stop and a businessman that was texting on his phone.

I debated on just moving past the old man and completely ignoring his struggle but as I approached him, I felt a small pang of guilt creep up my throat.

I walked up to him ensuring that I wasn't as silent as normal in my movements so as to not scare him.

He raised his head to look at me and smiled with his groceries still in hand.

I motioned to the trunk of his car before clearing my throat, "Would you... Uh like any help?" I asked in a questioning tone. He looked slightly sceptical before nodding his head as his eyes shone with gratitude.

I place my bag down on the sidewalk and grabbed the shopping from his hand while the man opened the boot of his car. I handed them back to him and he smiled before placing them into the trunk.

"Thank you, young man," He spoke with a British inflection in his tone.

"No problem," I replied mumbling slightly as I went on to ask him, "Uh... Sir, I don't suppose I could ask you something?"

The man introduced himself as Alfred Pennyworth and gestured for me to ask away while he closed the back of his car and turned to face me.

I tilted my head and looked around the street as a lone car drove past. "Do you mind informing me where I am?" I spoke before I quickly introduced myself as an afterthought.

Alfred looked confused by my inquiry before his gaze turned thoughtful. He answered after a moment of assessing me before he answered, "You are currently in Gotham City."

"Got-Ham City?" I asked him in disbelief. It took me a moment before I realised why my surroundings looked so familiar.

Alfred stared at me with a blank face before he quirked his lips up slightly in an amused smile.

"Are you new to the city?" He asked in concern, "Do you need a place to stay for the night?"

I quickly shook my head in response holding my hands up in defence, "Oh no, I couldn't. I am sure I will be fine."

"Are you sure?" Insisted the other, "I don't think it would be very safe for you to stay on the streets tonight..."

My eyes widened as I looked down at my bag before flickering my eyes back toward Alfred, "Oh I have a place to say." I mumbled and grabbed onto the handles of my bag stepping back onto the sidewalk. "There is no need to worry, sir."

"Are you-"

I cut off the older with a wave and quickly sped walk down the street before turning the corner, "Don't worry about me! Enjoy your night."