Why?

Previously in Fused Shadows: "Goodnight, Nico." He said with a sigh as I slipped into the world of dreams or for me nightmares.

DREAM/FLASHBACK

Nico's POV

I looked down at my hands and smiled. I just came back from Hollywood, I was meant to land in my cabin but ended up a few meters away from camp. I continued walking until I heard a twig snap from behind me.

I spun around and saw a flash of pale white before I was knocked down and my vision faded into nothingness. I woke up to screams and panicked shouts. I saw red and flashes of green. I looked like I was on top of someone. I was stabbing their throat over and over. The person was already dead but I kept stabbing them.

Fresh blood oozed from the wounds as my surrounding turned fuzzy and vision became unfocused.

As all of this was happening I realized I was not in control. Someone else was sharing my body. Someone was possessing me.

Ohh a smart one you are, said an anonymous voice. (A/N: In my mind I imagine the monster having a Yoda voice).

What who are you? Why are you in my body? I thought because I found I was unable to speak out loud.

Not as smart as I thought but I shall answer your pathetic question. I, you piece of demigod scum, am an all-powerful Eidolon. A monster that should be feared by all demigods, but instead is misunderstood by our size, we could kill all of your kind if everyone is as slow and as stupid as you are, laughed the monster.

My body stood up and I felt the monster leave me but not before he said good luck.

Why would I need luck? I thought as I looked around, people were staring at me in shock and fear. I looked down at the ground and saw the body of a blonde-haired boy. Blood still dripping slowly from his neck. His clothes were dirty, eyes lifeless and dull. I felt sick. I dropped the knife while sputtering apologies. Percy came up to me and-

DREAM/FLASHBACK END

I shot up from 'my' bed sweating and panting, my head started pounding and I then saw the whiskey bottle besides me and groaned.

Ahhh hangovers, I thought as I stumbled to the bathroom. I showered and changed into a pair of new black jeans and a black long sleeve shirt. I went to my bag and grabbed some nectar. I drank it and I felt my hangover improve by a lot. I sat on my bed and waited for my body to recover from the shock of my dream.

Sure it's not the first dream I've had about the incident but I was the most direct one I've had in the past few weeks.

A conversation resurfaced from yesterday something about Zeus needing me to bless vomit? I don't know. I looked at the sky, it was 9am and I thought, I will go there at 12pm just because I can.

After I sat on the roof I pulled out my phone and plugged in my earphones. I started blasting Twenty One Pilots, My Chemical Romance, and Panic! At the disco. Dull rays of sun hit my pale face, I smiled up at the sky and sung the words to each of the songs in a quiet voice.

I closed my eyes, I felt calm and happy. That was until 12pm rolled its way around, I went back into my room, put my phone away and put on my aviator jacket. I then shadow traveled to the 600th floor of the Empire State building I opened the doors of Olympus to be met by all the major Gods except Hades and Persephone.

Zeus was sitting in his throne with a bored look on his face. Until he noticed me. All the conversations stopped and all heads turned to me as I stood awkwardly shuffling my feet in the center of the room. My stomach flipped and I felt weird like something was off.