Not In The Mood

Maya Rivers
-2 days before LA

I was humming along to the sound of Harry Styles Sweet Creature as I edit my short New Year's Eve vlog, I recorded stuff like my outfit and makeup, a bit of the party and got a few people to say a message to the subscribers.

"It'll be cold right?" Shawn asks walking in to the living room with just a towel on. I hum a yes looking back down at my laptop.

"You look lovely Maya" he walks over behind me then pecks my lips leaning over my head kissing me upside down. "Thanks" I chuckle as a droplet of water fell from his curls down on my bare chest, I had on a Calvin Klein grey bra and black cotton shorts, my face was bare and hair up in a bun.

"Oh by the way-"

"Hold on let me get changed" he cuts me off. I nod letting him leave. I post everywhere that my video was up then put my laptop down and Shawn walks back in wearing his plaid pants and no shirt. He sits down lifting my legs up then puts them over his thighs.

"I had to book a hotel room for LA-"

"I thought we were staying at your parents" he cuts me off. "We were supposed to stay in the guest room but my mums sister, aunt Jules and her husband, uncle Elijah are staying in the guest room, where we were supposed to sleep" I explain to him.

"Oh right, so I have to meet aunt Jules and uncle Elijah too?" He asks.

"Yep and my mum and dad. Jen and Alex"

"I know their names" he chuckles. "And you should've just let me pay for the hotel-"

"It's okay, I already did it" I shrug. "Okay" he nods. "Come here" he takes my hand.

I sit up and crawl next to him. "On my lap" he tells me. I huff moving to straddle his lap. My hands go flat on his bare chest and he holds my thighs, moving his hands up my shorts.

"What is it?" I ask him looking down. "Nothing" he shrugs grinning. "Just wanted you on top of me" he winks.

"You're so horny" I roll my eyes about to move off him but he pulls me back. "Babe don't move" he laces out hands together. "Fine, lets watch a movie. I just wanna relax now, that vid took me like three hours to edit" I tell him moving to grab the remote but he stops me, again.

"What is it Shawn?" I ask annoyed. "I want you Maya, can I have my girl?" He raises an eyebrow.

"You can. I'm right here, we can cuddle whilst we watch a movie" I chuckle softly looking down at him. "I don't want to cuddle, I want you. Right now" he moves his hands from mine and places them at my waist, he leans in kissing down my neck to my chest.

"Shawn"

He continues.

"Shawn" I shove him back. "What Maya?" He asks annoyed.

"I'm not in the mood-"

"I can put you in the mood" he cuts me off. "I'm tired and don't want to have sex right now, drop it" I tell him plainly.

"But you look so good, i can do what you want, just tell me" he looks up at me with lust filled eyes.

I huff moving off of him. "Where are you going?" He pulls my arm back. I tug away from him. "To bed. I said I'm tired and you just keep talking about sex when I don't want that. Have fun with your hand" I walk away from him to his room.

-
"Maya"

I turn the other way opening my eyes to see Shawn lying beside me. "Hmm" I rub my eyes then look at him.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have continued talking about sex when you said you were tired. I should've just respected you. I'm sorry Maya" he places a hand on my cheek, his thumb rubbing my skin.

"And if you want I can leave so you can rest" he says gently. I couldn't help but smile a little, his pink rosy cheeks, fluffy hair and plump lips.

"You don't have to leave" I tell him. "Should we talk? I feel like we need to talk but I don't know how to start this or what to say" I sensed panic in his voice.

I sat moving in front of him and he sits up. "Should I start?" I ask.

"Yes and say what you want, we're gonna be open and respectful and understanding" he nods. My heart fluttered.

"We have a lot of sex you know" I say and we both start laughing. "And erm I like having sex with you, a lot. I just feel like we need to slow down and talk sometimes or do other things. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it a lot"

He takes my hand gently. "Then let's slow down. You can tell me no Maya, I mean it. And let's start talking more, lets... let's cook together and play video games, go on walks or whatever you want" he takes my hand to his lips kissing my knuckles.

My heart was beating so fast for him.

"Sounds good" I nod. "We good?" He asks.

I nod then make my way into his arms, he holds me tightly and kisses the top of my head. "I'm glad we can talk Maya, it feels good" he breathes out. "I'm so lucky to you have you, I know we bicker but I love how we make up"

Love. I wished he used it in another context.

"Me too" I nod. "Wanna sleep now? Or are you hungry?" He asks.

"That's a tricky question. I'm always hungry and tired" I say and we both chuckle.

_
Do we like the book so far?
Q&A? Ask away sisters