Meet Her Parents

Maya Rivers
-on the plane to LA, 4 hour flight

The last two days we did tone it down We did it twice which was good, once yesterday and this morning. Other than that we actually did talk more and we even went on a walk. We met a few of his fans which was nice, Shawn was so nice to them and they were so respectful too.

Now, we made it past the paparazzi, somehow our flight info got leaked which was just brilliant. Then past security and we boarded the plane and Shawn being the extra person he is booked first class, which I was grateful for.

I was also recording our week in LA for my YouTube which was making good process.

"Shawn smile!" I point the camera at him. He throws a peace sign. "Hi guys!" Shawn grins then blows a kiss to the camera.

"Do the fans have a name?" He asks. I turn the camera to the both of us. "Someone suggested River Monsters" I chuckle.

"How bout Maya's minions?" Shawn says. "Hell no!" I laugh. "I don't know, you guys can pick" I point to the camera and Shawn mimics me.

"Let me record" he takes the camera. "Hi guys! I'm Shawn, Maya's boyfriend so any guys watching please turn off now or ladies who are into my lady please leave the premises-"

"Shawn!" I hit his arm coming into the cameras view. "Gotta be safe babe, you're my lady" he winks at me. "Anyway back to the vlog. We're going to LA-"

"I already told them" I chuckle. "Oh... well I'm nervous to meet her parents. I've seen pictures and her mum is so cute" Shawn chuckles.

"Why are you nervous?" I ask him. "Because they're the people who brought you up, I need to make a good impression and show I'm good enough for you" he says looking directly in my eyes.

"We'll see you guys later, when we land" I turn off the camera shoving it in my bag. Shawn pulls me on to his side of the cabin. "You're so cute on camera. Do you do it on purpose?" I grin.

"Nah I'm cute all the time" he chuckles. "That's true" I pinch his cheeks making him laugh.

-
I knock on the familiar door and Shawn takes my hand.

"Oh Maya bear!" My mother opens the door and pulls me into a long hug. "Hi momma" I chuckle hugging her back tightly. We we're extremely close.

"I watched your videos Maya! I like the new year's party one" she tells me. "Thanks mum" I pull back.

"Oh and the very handsome boy is here" mum nudges me. She grins at me then at Shawn. "Hey Shawn, you got plans tonight?" Mum laughs then pulls him into a hug.

Shawn laughs hugging her, she was so tiny compared to him. "Mum" I shake my head.

"I showed my mum who you were and gave her some background info then blah blah blah she listens to your songs and now I present your number one fan!" I say smiling widely.

"Well it's lovely meeting you Mrs Rivers" Shawn hands her the roses we bought on the way. "Oh so sweet! Call me Jen. Now come on your dad, aunt Jules and Uncle Elijah are in the kitchen. I made spicy chicken curry and white rice" Mum says walking in to the house. I begin following her and Shawn takes my hand behind me squeezing it gently.

"Maya!" Dad stands up, putting his glasses on his head he comes over hugging me. "Hi Dad" I hug him tightly. "Ah you look wonderful sweetheart" he pulls back. His face then goes all serious.

"And you, what's your name again? Sam?" Dad asks sternly. I felt bad for Shawn, he looked so scared. "Shawn sir" Shawn says.

"And you like Maya?" Dad asks. "I do" he nods.

"Jen look he's about to shit himself!" Dad laughs. "I'm messing with you boy" dad hugs Shawn. Shawn chuckles hugging him back.

"And you can call him Alex, he's actually a big old softie, cries at Up every time we watch it" mum tells Shawn.

"Forgetting us?" Aunt Jules and uncle Elijah stand up. "How could I?" I go over hugging them both. They both meet Shawn too. "Treat my niece well Shawn" Jules tells Shawn.

"Of course" he nods.

"Now, the table and food is set let's go eat!" Mum says. We all make our way to the table. Shawn pulls out a chair for then sits beside me, quickly placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Awe! Jen did you see that!" Aunt Jules exclaims. I shake my head shyly. Shawn takes my hand under the table and we begin eating. My family of course ask Shawn questions and he answers well. He got along so perfectly with them, he understood their weird humour and laughed at every bad joke my dad told.

"Maya honey you should come by the salon. You haven't been in ages" mum tells me. She's a beautician which is useful when growing up, hair, nails, makeup all for free.

"Then after we can all have lunch at your dads restaurant?" Mum says. I look at Shawn and he nods. "Yeah that'd be good. I miss dads cooking" I say.

"Can't wait to try it" Shawn joins in. "You're in for a treat, best high quality street food" I tell Shawn. "Can't wait" Shawn grins.

After a couple more hours talking, dining and catching up me and Shawn left to go to the hotel.

He swiped the card and pulled me straight to the bed, we take out shoes and clothes off and Shawn cuddles up to me yawning. "Tired babe?" I ask. He nods kissing the top of my head.

Before we probably would've been at it already.

"Well say goodnight to my vlog" I chuckle grabbing my camera. I tug the covers up since we were both naked then hold the camera up. "Day one is done and now we're gonna sleep. Look how cute my baby looks" I chuckle.

Shawn smiles tiredly turning his body to me, he presses kiss to my cheek. "Night vlog" he says tiredly. "Night" I blow a kiss then put my camera to the side.

I cuddle next to Shawn and he wraps his arms around me, drifting off to sleep.