Only The Start

Maya Rivers Mendes
- back home. March 24th

"Maya!" Shawn yells. "Why are you shouting?" I go into the bathroom, my heels clicking on the floor.

"Do I look okay?" He asks. I let out a little laugh placing my hands on his shoulders. "Perfect" I lean up pressing a kiss to his lips.

"So do you" he winks. "Help me put my dress on please" I take his hand leading him to the bed where my dress was. "That's a big dress" he chuckles.

"This big dress is Versace" I say slipping out of my hoodie. "Okay well step into it" Shawn tells me putting the dress down. I hold onto his arms stepping in and he pulls the dress up. I tug it up around my breasts and Shawn goes behind me doing up the zip.

"Like a princess" he takes my hand twirling me around. "Come on, lets go" I giggle.

-
"Can everyone please welcome the newly wed couple Shawn and Maya mendes!" Romell shouts. We walk into the venue and everyone starts cheering for us and throwing confetti.

I chuckle waving at all our family and friends. "mum! dad!" I exclaim dragging Shawn over.

"I'm so happy for you Maya" mum hugs me tightly. "I'm happy momma" I chuckle.

"Maya bear, you look beautiful" dad hugs me. "Don't cry daddy" I chuckles wiping his cheeks. "Can't help it, you're growing up" he chuckles.

"Oh and Shawn, take care of her" mum hugs Shawn then dad does too.

"Why are you crying?" I ask Shawn wiping under his eyes. "Just happy" he says.

"Come one lets go see your parents" I tell him leading him over to them. I let go off Shawn hugging Karen. "I'm a mendes woman" I chuckle.

"And we couldn't be happier" Karen chuckles. And my new sister" I hug Aaliyah. "Oh and manny, I'll look after Shawn" I giggle hugging him. I watch as Shawn hugs them too then someone taps my back.

I turn chuckling, this smile could not be taken away from me tonight.

"Maya!" Jay hugs me. "You look so pretty" he tells me. "We're so happy for you"

"Thanks guys" I then hug Romell. "Fuck I'm gonna cry. Maya if he ever hurts you tell me and I'll raid his liquor cabinet again" Romell says chuckling as he wipes his tears.

"I will" I giggle. "Oh my god my best friend is married!" Rhys rushes over hugging me.

"I am!" I exclaim.

"She's my best friend!" Laurie pulls me into a hug. "And mine" Kenny hugs me as well.

"I think she's mine" Shawn tugs me away. "Hold on guys there's plenty of me to go around" I laugh.

"No there's not. You're all mine" Shawn says wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Damn I didn't think this through" I say sarcastically. "Oh no you're stuck with me forever" Shawn rolls his eyes.

"Shut up, lets get this dinner started" I link my arm with his going to the head of the table, Shawn pulls out the chair for me and I sit down.

He stays stood up and clinks his champagne glass with a fork grabbing everyone's attention.

"Hi guys" he begins. I take his hand looking up at him speaking.

"First of all thank you for coming today to celebrate mine and Maya's love and thank you for respecting the choice we made. We also want to say that everyone in this room means a lot to us and we thank you for being with us" he pauses for a second.