Miss Him

Maya Mendes
- 14 years later

"Mum What're you drinking?" Alec walks in eyeing my drink. "It's a bubblegum drink, try it" I tell him passing it over and he takes it, his eyes going wide. "This is so sick" he drinks some more.

"Where's Mira?" I ask him. "Getting ready, she's excited to see dad" he says sitting down sighing. "And you're not?" I ask.

"I am mum" he begins. "It's just we've barely seen him, in the past year we saw him on our birthdays, Christmas and New Years for a couple of days then a few hours at a time. It's a joke" he scoffs.

"Hey don't get sassy Alec. He's your dad and he does everything for you" I tell him. "Yeah right" he rolls his eyes.

"Where's this coming from Alec? Your dad has provided for you since the day you were born, for all of you. He's always made time and don't tell me other wise" I stand up grabbing my phone.

"Don't you miss him mum?" He asks me. "Everyday. But he called every night, wanting to talk to his children. He cares for you all darling" I say.

"Mum! When are we going?" Amira runs in. "In ten minutes, where's Aidan?" I ask. "Upstairs" she says with a sigh.

"Go start the car Al, I'll go talk to him" I throw my keys at Alec going upstairs to Aidans room. "Baby can I come in?" I ask knocking earning no response.

"Aidan?" I call, I open the door seeing him doing his work with his headphones on. I go over tapping his shoulder. "Oh sorry mum" he takes his headphones off closing his book.

"No worries, are you ready?" I ask him. He nods grabbing his jacket standing up. "Let's go then, what were you studying?" I ask as we go downstairs. "Biology, that shits hard"

"Hey" I tell him off. "Sorry" he chuckles walking out the house to the car. We get in and I start driving.

"Is daddy coming home?" Amira asks. Alec scoffs, I hit his leg looking at Amira through the mirror. "You'll have to ask him" I tell her.

"Alec, I don't want none of this when we get there" I say quietly. "But mum-"

"I don't wanna hear it. You should be happy" I sigh.

The rest of the car ride was filled with the sounds of my children singing, they had musical talents like Shawn but none of them were in that field.

"Okay save your singing for the concert" I chuckle parking up and we all get out.

"The structure of the arena is amazing" Alec says in awe, the architect in him jumping out. "Beautiful right?" I say as we get handed our backstage passes and we go to Shawn's dressing room.

"Why's he not here?" Amira asks. "He'll be here don't worry" I tell her.

"Why does daddy need so much water? He's like a tree. Mum did you know sixty per cent of the human body is made up of water" Aidan says.

"Nerd" amira coughs. "I didn't know that" I say sitting down. Amira was determined to go into law, her passion for it was incredible.

"Mum have you seen this? Stormi already owns like a hundred Chanel bags" amira shows me her phone. "Woah" I chuckle.

I look around and I felt nostalgia. I remember being here when I was pregnant with amira, Shawn would set up a tv in the room so I could watch then after take me to dinner. Or when Aidan was just born he set up a little play area at the side.

"Mum" Aidan calls. I look up at him humming. "You okay?" He asks. I nod standing up. "I'm gonna find your dad" I say.

"Should we wait here?" Amira asks me. "Yeah he might come back here" I tell her walking out the room. My heels were clicking against the hard ground as I looked around every corner trying to find Shawn.

"Shawn?" I call.

"Maya?" I hear him chuckle. I go around the corner and bump into him. "Hey there sexy" he pulls me in by my waist. "Hey I missed you and became impatient" I chuckle hugging him tightly. For some reason he was shirtless but it felt nice holding him skin on skin.

"I missed you too. Where are the kids?" He asks me kissing my cheek. "In your dressing room, amira is so excited" I tell him.

"And the boys?"

"They're happy too babe" I look up at him. "Let me get a shirt on" he takes my hand leading me to another room. I look down at his body seeing a few more of his tattoos that he had gotten over the years.

He got some for each of the kids.

For Alec it was a drawing he had done himself when he was twelve, Alec had drawn his first ever building properly and Shawn was beyond happy. He got it shrunken and it was tattooed in black on his wrist. It was almost like a castle, Alec said one day he would build it.

For Amira he actually had two. One was a crown on the inside of his index finger as her name meant princess. The other was a small peony, her favourite flower which was tattooed on the side of his hand.

For Aidan, the constellation of a Scorpio, he was born November 1st and it fit in with his love for science too. The tattoo was on his right shoulder.

He also had a few tattoos dedicated to me. A small peach which he got when he was drunk on his wrist. He also had the coordinates of the exact place we got married, placed below the lightbulb tattoo.

"Baby, lets go" He takes my hand as we start walking to the kids.

"They'll be happy right?" He asks. "You're coming home Shawn. They want you home" I stop pressing my lips against his. He gently pushes me back against the wall holding me close. "Can't wait to have you alone" he mumbles against my skin.

"Dad!"

I quickly push Shawn away tugging my dress down. Shawn chuckles holding his arms out to Amira. He picks her up twirling her around as she laughs and tells him how much she missed her dad.

"Okay I definitely did miss him" Alec says to me then goes over hugging Shawn, he was just as tall as him. Shawn held on tightly and I swear I saw tears forming in his eyes.

"Come here Aidan!" Shawn chuckles. Aidan goes over and Shawn throws him over his shoulder. "You wanna see the stage?" He asks.

"Yes!" All three shout. "Well come on then, come on Maya" Shawn holds his hand out to me. I take his hand and I follow along feeling pure joy.