Jerome, The Driver

Maya Rivers
- Shawn's set time

"You guys sound amazing tonight!" Shawn yells and everyone, literally everyone screams back.

Yes I went back. I told him I would. But I did however go back to the hotel cry, cry and cry, look at pictures of him, pictures of us, texted my mum, called my mum about what I did. Then maned up, actually no, I became a strong woman, put my lashes on, grabbed my bag, fixed myself up and went to go watch the man I love, who might not love me back.

"Feeling better?" Brian asks me handing me a beer. "Yes" I nod. I take a large gulp then begin dancing around with the whole crew.

I threw my arms in the arm and sang every word back to Shawn. He looked crazy, a good kinda crazy. Hair wet with sweat, cheeks gone rosy red, muscles clear on show due to his muscle tee. He was incredibly handsome.

I wondered if he knew I was here. He didn't look at me once, he did wave to everyone else in the same reserved section as me but not me. I didn't get a wave, a look, wink or whatever.

"Good night everybody! Thank you so much Portugal!" Shawn shouts and blows kisses and waves to everyone.

"Come on Maya, he'll come out this way" Brian tugs my arm. I nod walking over with him. Was I scared? Frightened? Petrified. Yes, yes and yes.

"Good job Shawn! Killed it!" Andrew pats Shawn on the back. "Guitar solo was sick!" Zubin chuckles putting his guitar down. They all praised Shawn, chuckling and just talking about the set which was amazing. I awkwardly stood to the side just watching.

"Maya what did you think?" Mike asks me. All eyes turn on me including Shawn's for the first time since I admitted my my love for him.

His eyes locked with mine.

"It was amazing!" I clap my hands. I walk over to Shawn and he wraps his arms around me tightly. "Ew all sweaty gross" I move back and wipe my hands on Andrew. "Maya!" Andrew chuckles.

"Sorry" I chuckle.

"I'm gonna change and shower back there, I'll be fifteen minutes" Shawn walks past me gently brushing his hand past my back. Okay so for now, nothing.

-
Shawn walks up to us, not me. He goes to Andrew saying something.

"So erm back to the hotels?" Andrew says. I wait for Shawn, wanting to go back with him but he quickly got in with his friends and I was left on my own.

"The hotel please" I sigh putting my seat belt on. "You were here earlier right? Everything okay now?" The driver asks. "I'm good thanks"

"Okay well you don't wanna talk do you? I'll leave you be miss" he starts driving and then the car stops after three minutes. I put the window down and we were stuck in traffic.

"Is there no other way?" I ask. "No miss, I think the others took a different route. You might arrive later" he warns me.

I nod putting the window up. "How long?"

"An hour" he replies. I take my belt off and lie down in the back. Well this is going great.

Me
In traffic
Gonna be an hour
Seen 11:03

Me
Please forget what I said
Why'd you leave me
Shawn?
Seen 11:09

Me
Shawnnnnn this is annoying now
Just pretend you didn't hear me
It's okay that you didn't say it back
I mean I didn't say it *wink*
Seen 11:23

Me
Why am I being ignored?
I did nothing wrong
Shawn
Are you at the hotel?
Seen 11:27

Me
Fine. Don't talk to me.
We're not okay this time.
Seen 11:30

Me
I miss you please Shawn talk to me
Okay I'll leave you alone
Seen 11:34

_
"So he didn't say anything? P.s there are tissues back there" Jerome, the driver who I now considered my good friend said.

"Thanks" I blow my nose. "And nope nothing. I blurted it out. Jerome you've been married 18 years how'd you say you love Melisa?" I ask.

I got to know Jerome very well, he was a great human being and even had a stash of beer which I had generously taken advantage off.

"I said it like the second week we met" he chuckle. "Really?" I ask.

"Only cause I got her pregnant" he laughs. "Do I have to be pregnant for him to love me?"

"Oh no Maya! He'll come around. He seems great and you guys have been together for six months sooner or later he's gonna realise" Jerome sighs.

"And we're here Maya" the car finally stops in front of the hotel at 12:56 am.

"Thank you so much Jerome. Tell Melisa and the twins I said hi" I chuckle. "Good night Maya" he chuckles.

I stumble out the car, holding my shoes in my hand I walk up to the doors and into the elevator rubbing my eyes.

Once I made it to my room I swiped the card and dropped my bag and shoes as soon as I shut the door. I balance myself against the wall then groan holding my head walking further in.

"There you are" Shawn shoots up quickly holding me as I stumble. "What took so long? Where'd you go? Why do you smell like beer?" He asks.

"Shut up" I press a finger to his lips. "I texted you and you left me on seen" I shrug walking out of his arms.

"And it's okay if you don't love me. That's really okay because you know I spoke with Jerome, the driver and he said that it's okay. And I think it's okay. Yes I am hurting a little okay maybe a lot because I've been loving you since Christmas and that was a while ago but you know what that's okay. Shawn Mendes doesn't love Maya Rivers but so what?" I dramatically fall back on the bed and shut my eyes falling asleep before he could say a word.