God Is A Woman

Maya Mendes
-8 months pregnant. December 25th

"And a merry Christmas to you baby" Shawn leans down kissing my stomach, I felt a small kick in my belly, the feeling was weird and good at the same time.

"I bet Shawn couldn't go ten minutes without touching you Maya" Aaliyah says plopping down next to me with a slice of cake which she hands me. "Hey this is my wife and my baby" Shawn says defensively sitting beside me.

"Get your own cake" I shove him away. "Babe please I can't be bothered" he whines.

"It's mine" I shove a piece in my mouth. "I'll take the gifts back" he says. "Erm... I don't care" I shrug. Shawn had gifted me with a trip to Bali in June and also two Chanel purses.

I had gotten him a silver ring, with the initials A.M for either Alec or Amira mendes, we hadn't found out the gender yet. I also got him a new sound system which we had set up in our beautiful new home.

We invested in a five bedroom home. It was isolated but beautiful. Five rooms, two guest rooms, six bathrooms, living room, Shawn's music room, a shared office, kitchen and a few more hidden features. It was definitely modern, open but cozy.

Shawn gets up huffing making Aaliyah chuckle. "How's my niece or nephew?" She asks. "A pain" I chuckle then I suddenly wince.

"Here" Aaliyah takes my plate and fork. I place my hands at my stomach. "Maya are you okay?" Aaliyah asks.

I take hold of the pillow squeezing as I feel a shooting pain in my lower stomach. "I'm okay" I take a few deep breathes. "Are you sur-"

I let out another wince and her eyes grow wide. "Mum! Shawn!" She shouts.

"I'm okay, just pains" I try to control my breathing. "Shawn!" She shouts

"I'm really okay, I'm not- not due for another- another two weeks" I tell her wearily.

"I don't know what to do Maya" she panics. "It's okay" I tell her trying to sit up. "I'm gonna call Shawn" she says quickly getting up.

Okay this hurt, a lot.

Another painful screech escapes my lips.

"Fuck" I hear Shawn mumble. He leans in front of me taking my hands. I hold on to him tightly. "You're not due till February 7th baby" Shawn mumbles.

"I know idiot" I squeeze his hands. "Sorry" he looks up at me. "They're just pains. It's normal, I'm okay" I say, repeating it a few times.

"Can you try standing up?" Shawn asks me. "Are you fucking stupid" I say harshly, my eyes start brimming with tears. "No no no, don't cry babe. Everything is okay. Liyah call mum" Shawn tells her.

"Should I call for an ambulance or should I take you?" He asks. "The baby isn't coming Shawn. It just- just fucking hurts" I whimper.

"Oh Maya honey" Karen walks in. She sits behind me rubbing my back. "You're Okay right?" She asks.

"Mum she's-"

"Shut up Shawn" I shoot. "And you've got this. This baby is safe yeah?" She asks. I nod eagerly.

"And the baby is okay, you're okay. This pain is normal" she tells me taking my hand from Shawn.

Maybe I'm thinking too deep but she had the mothers touch and it put me at ease. "Breath with me" she tells me. I nod following a calm breathing pattern.

Now this felt better.

"Do you need some water?" She asks me. I nod and she nods at Shawn then stands up. Shawn sits beside me I lean into his arms.

"That was scary and I'm sorry for being mean to you" I mumble wiping my eyes. "It fine darling, you're okay" he kisses the top of my head.

"Im scared" I admit. "Looking after another human being" I say.

"I am too. But Maya there's no doubt in my mind that you'll be the greatest mother ever" his hand laces with mine.

"And you're gonna be a good daddy" I say looking up at him. "Lean down and kiss me, the bump is in the way" I chuckle.

Shawn grins leaning down to meet my lips.

-
"I'm sorry about the scare guys" I tell Karen and Aaliyah as we sat watching polar express. "No worries, everything is okay now" Karen smiles at me.

I feel myself relax and I lean back into Shawn's arms, I was sat between his legs.

"Babe I'm gonna tell my fans now. We've hid it so well" Shawn says. "Yeah, lets do it" I nod.

"I'm scared for the reaction" I chuckle. "No need to be. This is amazing and they'll be happy and plus you look beautiful in those pics from the photo shoot" Shawn brings a hand down rubbing my stomach.

"Oh Maya can I see the pictures again? They were so beautiful" Karen says. I nod grinning.

This was my family. A beautiful family and it was going to be extended.

Instagram
@shawnmendes

Liked by 8,862,998Shawnmendes: feeling blessed and love, baby mendes is on the way!

Liked by 8,862,998
Shawnmendes: feeling blessed and love, baby mendes is on the way!

View comments...
User1: first the secret marriage and now they announce she's pregnant. I need a break.

User2: omg they hid it so well. So happy for them!

User3: how many months? Congratulations!
-shawnmendes: this pic is from December 1st. She's eight months!

User4: when is Maya due?
-shawnmendes: Feb
-user4: WHAT DATE?

@mayamendes

Liked by 8,872,992Mayamendes: the most beautiful I've ever felt

Liked by 8,872,992
Mayamendes: the most beautiful I've ever felt. My body is changing, I want cake all the time, I want to be kissed 24/7, I want Shawn to sing to me to sleep, I want to walk around naked, I want to cry and laugh at the SAME TIME.
Pregnancy is a blessing and I'm glad to share it with my forever love. My fellow mommas and ladies, I bow down to you.
Also can't wait to squish my lil babies cheeks.

View comments
Shawnmendes: a superhero

Shawnmendes: I love you and all that you are

Shawnmendes: that's my lady. I mean she's her own person, she's just amazing
-mayamendes: I love you

User1: this is everything.

User2: women are superior

User3: *god is a woman starts playing*