No Facial Expression

Maya Rivers
- hotel in Portugal

"Maya where's the sun cream?" Shawn asks walking in from the bathroom.

I guess we were okay. We didn't really say anything. He just did that thing where he asks if we're I good and I say yes, that's all.

"Here" I stand up putting some on my hands and spreading it on his face as he holds my waist.

"I can't wait to perform" he grins. "Can't wait to see you perform" I chuckle. I was truly excited, on the plane here Andrew showed me a few videos from the tour and they looked so good and now I couldn't wait to witness it in real life.

"You're coming to the rehearsal right? I want to show you my whole set up" he says. "Yeah obviously" I nod.

"Should I just wear what I'm gonna wear tonight?" I ask him. He nods places a kiss on my lips. "Wear the black silky top. I like that one" he smirks. I nod moving back to my suitcase.

I get dressed wearing black shorts, the black silky top, tying a knot at the front so my stomach was showing a little and some trainers. Shawn walked in wearing a white muscle tee and black jeans.

"It's gets hot whilst performing" he chuckles. "I can imagine" I chuckle.

"You look pretty" his hand goes to my exposed back. "You know after I perform I get this rush of adrenaline and I know where I can take it out" he says kissing my cheek to my ear. "Oh yeah?" I ask giggling. He hums against my skin then pulls back. "Let's go" He takes my hand.

-
I was going to say it tonight. I had decided on the car journey here, I had to say it otherwise I would break down crying every night and I couldn't do that anymore.

Right now I was at the side of the stage watching Shawn's crew set up all these instruments and wires. Shawn walks past me kissing my cheek. "Gonna rehearse a few songs babe then we'll go out for something to eat then back to perform" he tells me. I nod then watch as he goes up on the stage and begins talking with everyone.

"Hey Maya" Brian smile. "Hi" I smile back. "How's you and Shawn?" He asks.

"Good" I nod. "Are you excited for the performance? These things are crazy" he tells me.

"Yeah, Shawn said that Portugal are always so loud"

"This part is so cool, they all sync up and it's sounds amazing" He points to the stage.

They all begin playing a few bits and pieces and Shawn sings a few lines of each song. He sounds incredible and this was only a hint of what he could do.

"Maya! Come here!" He says through the mic. I go up the stairs and into the middle of the stage where he stood.

"Woah" I look out to the huge empty land in front of us. "It's gone be full tonight" he tells me taking my hand. I rest my head on his shoulder. "Are you nervous?" I ask looking up at him.

"Always. I want to do the best you know" he sighs. I nod and he takes my hand spinning me around.

"Play Use Somebody, three lines in" he tells the band. "Should I go?" I ask he shakes his head.

"Shawn" zubin goes to hand him his guitar. "You got it. I just wanna sing" he tells him. Then they all begin playing, Shawn starts singing so effortlessly, it was loud but it felt like he was only singing to me.

He spun me around then pulled me in kissing my forehead. "Someone like you" he says in my ear finishing off. It was magical.

I leaned up pressing my lips against his briefly then I held his face in my hands looking up at his gorgeous green eyes.

"I love you Shawn" I say finally. My heart was racing a million miles per hour. I couldn't read his expression and he wasn't saying anything back. His eyes were just fixed on mine. But he had no facial expression.

My heart dropped when I realised I wasn't going to get a response.

"Hey Maya! Is it okay if we have you off stage for a second we want to check the sound systems and it gets pretty loud" Andrew shouts. I move my hands away from Shawn turning around quickly, his hands slowly leave my waist and I walk away as fast as I could.

I couldn't look back either. I was scared.

"Where are you going Maya?" Brian takes my wrist pulling me back. "I erm... I have bad cramps just gonna go to the hotel and I'll be back for the performance" I tell him.

"Should I come with you? Shawn would want to know you're safe" Brian says. I shake my head no. "It's okay I'll text you when I'm there" I move out of his grip and begin walking away to the cars we had lined up.

"Back to the hotel please" I ask and sit back crying quietly all the way to the hotel.