A Long Bus Ride

The bus ride was long and uneventful. At some points Bakugo would listen in on the other's conversations and at others he would simply ignore them. Kirishima had fallen asleep beside him, leaning against the window. He found himself becoming curious as to what was keeping his friend awake at night, but couldn't find the words to question him. He watched the even rise and fall of his chest, observing how his eyes fluttered slightly and his lips moved as though he were speaking.

"...Bakugo."

The blonde alerted at the sound of his name.

"Eh?!"

His eyes moved quickly over the faces in front of him, looking for who had said his name. Finally they came to rest on the grape boy.

"I was just asking Kaminari here what he thought about your preferences," The pipsqueak chortled.

"What about them?" Bakugo snarled, feeling a tension burn in his chest.

What was that damn diaper baby talking about? Preferences? He glared at him questioningly as the shorty started talking again.

"Well, after the sports festival, I discovered your tastes for the more extreme. You like it rough, don't you?"

Bakugo's eyes widened as the bus came to a hush, everyone anticipating the anger that came bubbling from Bakugo's mouth.

"WHAT THE SHIT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, YOU DAMN DIAPER BRAT?!"

At this the bus broke into snorts and subdued laughter. Bakugo felt his face redden. What was that damn shorty referring to? His sex life? Not that he had one, but he certainly didn't fantasize about hurting anyone. Bakugo Katsuki didn't fantasize often, but when he did, he found it was about other men. This was definitely not something he wanted made public.
When he was younger he had had a sort of school kid crush on All Might, just thinking about it made him angry and uncomfortable.

The grape head's face was equally red as Bakugo spat out more hotheaded insults, small sparks popping from his closed fists.

Eventually Aizawa quieted them down as he was speaking with the principal, who happened to be riding on their bus. And things returned to their quiet, normal state.

~~~

Aizawa turned to the principal, assignment papers loose in his hands. "I don't like our Pro Hero assignments, sir," he mumbled as he looked through the names, his eyes lingering bitterly on one name in particular. "I don't really think they're an appropriate match for first year students. Would it be possible to change assignments at this point?"

He couldn't hide the annoyance in his voice as his grip tightened slightly on the paperwork before him. The principal eyed him with something akin to empathy.

"I'm sorry, Aizawa, but the board of the events passed out these assignments, and thus I have no jurisdiction. I'm sure your class will be up to the test, just put them into groups you think will be able to handle them the best."

Aizawa's brow furrowed as though he were remembering something unpleasant and let out a breath of exasperation.

"I'll have to place our strongest in one group. It's not that I want the others to fail, I'm just concerned about how this particular hero will play out with a group of minors." He grumbled this through grit teeth, as he began marking names down on a list.

~~~

Kirishima woke with a gasp as the bus lurched to a stop. Lifting his head up from the window he noticed Bakugo quickly turn his head away from him. Had Bakugo been watching him sleep? No, it was just his imagination. He needed to calm down and focus, Hero Development Day is a big event. They'd be training with big shots from around the world and Kirishima wanted to do his best. He couldn't let this Bakugo dream continue to mess with him.

"Kirishima, we're leaving now." Bakugo spoke from above him. His hands were fiddling with the grenades on his wrists and he looked uncomfortable.

"You ok, bro?" Kirishima asked as he stood and stepped out into the aisle after him. "You're not nervous about meeting the Pro Heros are you?"

Bakugo's head snapped back at him.
"Of course not, shit head," he snarled, then softer, he added, "You uh... you feeling better?"

It was a thoughtful side of him Kirishima had never seen before.
"Yeah, man!" Kirishima grinned. "I'm all rested and ready to rock! Get it? Rock!"

Bakugo rolled his eyes with a "tch," but Kirishima caught the corner of his mouth perk upwards. Stretching out his back, Kirishima followed Bakugo as they finally made their way off the bus.

Special thanks to @hexmaniac493 for the help with punctuation in this chapter! You're the best!