AfterShock

As soon as the doors of the bus opened, Bakugo shoved through the aisle and rushed out onto the pavement. His thoughts were a blur as he ignored the calls of "Kacchan" and "Bakugo" and ran towards their dorm building. Thrusting open the doors, he sprinted to the stairwell. He was barely controlling the explosions that were popping from his clenched hands.
Bakugo swiped his wrist over his eyes, stumbling as he reached the fourth floor at last. He let out a choked sob as he made it to his door, his hands shaking violently as he unlocked the handle and slammed it behind him.

His hands were flaming hot as he roughly slid the door to his porch open, tumbling out and thrusting his arms over the side of the railing. He let out a vicious scream, watching the massive explosions pour from his palms. The heat of them burnt his face as tears uncontrollably slid down his cheeks.

The ash blonde didn't know how long he had been standing there, his voice was now hoarse from screaming and his wrists were aching as he felt that he could no longer use his quirk. Silently, Bakugo sunk to the floor, crossing his arms over themselves as he gripped his shoulders tightly. He couldn't control the shuddery sobs that ripped through him. He felt so weak. He felt so disgusting. He felt so alone.

~~~

Kirishima's breathing had finally calmed. He was sitting on Mina's fluffy bedspread, gripping a box of tissues, and staring at a faded red juice stain on the carpet. He could feel the pressure of Kaminari's hand on his shoulder as well as Mina's arms around his waist.
"Feel any better buddy?" Kaminari asked, his eyes sensitive and worried.
Kirishima nodded, not trusting his voice.
Mina glanced up at him and squeezed him tighter in her arms.
"You know Kiri, I know you think Bakugo's going to hate you over this, but it seemed like he was pretty upset too. And if we're being honest, you couldn't really control what happened back there."
She nuzzled against him and Kaminari leaned into his side.
"Yeah man, I'm sure he's just overwhelmed at the situation. He hasn't said anything to you yet, right? Maybe he's embarrassed too."
Kaminari said gently while squeezing Kirishima's shoulder.
Kirishima nodded again, his eyes were sore from all of the unmanly tears that had poured from them and his nose was aching from the constant swipe of the tissues. He took a tentative breath in.
"He's going to push me away. He's going to see me as an embarrassment. Now that the whole class has seen what happened, he won't be caught dead with me."
Mina made a sad noise from under his arms.
"If that happens Kiri, Mama Mina will go sicko mode on his ass. But trust me, we won't let that happen."
Kirishima let out a small chuckle.
"Thanks guys."

"Or course bro! We're always here for you!"

I've been a burden to them for too long now.

Kirishima stood shakily. Keeping his eyes fixated on the ground.

"I'm actually going to get some sleep. We still have class tomorrow."

"Are you sure Kiri? We're here if you want to talk more!" Mina stood up next to him.

"It's ok. You guys have helped me so much already." Kirishima said, as he gathered the tissues he had used into his hands, dropping them into the hot pink trashcan as he walked towards the door.

"Ok man, see you in the morning!" Kaminari grinned, waving his hand.

Kirishima nodded without turning around, and silently closed the door behind him.

When Kirishima finally arrived at his own door he paused. His eyes darted to Bakugo's door, which was slightly ajar. Curious, he took a step closer, listening for any sound of the other boy. He couldn't hear anything and he fought the urge to knock on the door. Instead, he turned and entered his own room.

Passion on Display [KiriBaku]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें