Sunshine

Hello everyone! We've finally reached the official end of this book. I want to thank those of you who've stuck with me through this whole thing. I wrote this ending as a sort of reflection on my first chapter, as well as a prelude to book two which will be out soon. 

My writing has come a long way since that first chapter in summer of 2019 and I find myself filled with pride as I finish up the first complete book I've ever written.

Thank you all for your continued support and kind words. I can't wait to see you in book two. :)

~TAK

It seemed like a dream from long ago was playing out in front of his eyes. The tall, ornate columns that flanked the sides of the room, the gold and maroon curtains, tied to the sides of the large windows, allowing soft, fading sunlight to filter through its panes. There were tables of mouth watering food to his left, and familiar faces he hadn't seen in years milling about, dancing, and swaying about in time to the upbeat music that filled the large space. The only thing missing was the man who he had practically needed to drag kicking and screaming along with him. He was currently standing over by the bar, waiting as the woman behind the counter mixed two drinks for him. 

Kirishima smiled, catching the blonde's eyes as he finally made his way towards him, a drink in each hand. He couldn't keep his eyes from lingering on the shining gold metal around the other man's finger.  A smile warmed his lips as he took the glass, brushing his own hand with the match of his ring as he did so.

"Eijiro," he grunted, "This is for you."

Kirishima smiled even wider, taking a sip from the glass before turning his attention to the stage being set up on the far wall. 

"I guess there's going to be speeches tonight." Kirishima mused, watching his fellow classmates fondly as they split from dancing to chat amongst each other. Normally, Kirishima would be right in there with them, but something about Katsuki's demeanor told him to hang back. Aside from Kaminari, Sero, Mina, and occasionally Tsuyu, Kirishima hadn't heard from most of his classmates in a very long time. Given Katsuki's constant competition with the new symbol of peace, Kirishima found he was always in touch with the green haried man as well as the ever accompanying Uraraka and Todoroki. He was always so proud of his classmates when he noticed them in Heroes Weekly or on a local news station. 

"I didn't really think of anything to say," Kirishima continued, still looking ahead at the set up of microphones, "What about you?" He turned his head at that, watching as Bakugo turned towards him from his position beside him. 

"I'm not giving a damn speech." Bakugo grumbled, twisting his ring in a way that read to Eijiro as anxious. Kirishima sighed gently, raising his hand to graze the side of his lover's arm. "It's safe to wear these here." His voice was low, and Bakugo's eyes shifted a moment before gazing evenly towards him. Those same glimmering rubies that had entranced him back in school, looking at him with worry.

Because of the quick cover up of their school, news hadn't quite spread too far about the two's intimacy on the field that day, and the video (now long deleted) had thankfully never resurfaced again. There were a handful of fanboys that would occasionally tear up the chat forums about their "supposed" video from back in their school years, however it had almost entirely been deemed a rumor.  

Aside from class 1A, and he was sure plenty of other observant UA students, nobody had really caught on to the two's growing romance over the years. According to Bakugo, it was better this way. He had nagged him many times about showing too much affection in public. However gruffly Bakugo had warned him, Kirishima knew it wasn't about his view of reputation. He knew very well that Bakugo only meant to protect him, however much it irked the red head, he could respect the manliness of his partner's integrity. He could also very clearly see that Bakugo wanted his touch as well, though he knew the blonde would never admit it. Their intimacy was forever confined to the walls of their shared apartment, windows eternally locked shut with braced shades.