What to Wear?

It had been a while since Kirishima left his dorm and Bakugo was anxiously pacing the carpet.

What the hell am I going to wear?

Bakugo normally wouldn't care too much about dressing up, but if he was to be seen as a couple with Kirishima, he couldn't slack off. Unfortunately, he didn't have much in terms of formal wear in his small wooden wardrobe. Kirishima had said the restaurant was semi-fancy but he had no idea what to make of that.

Turning towards his closet, he rifled through the clothes he had there, muttering furious expletives as he finally pulled out a wrinkled red dress shirt. It was the shirt Kirishima had bought for him during their trip to I-island. The corner of his lip twitched up at the memory. He had purposely payed extra for the lovers suite, later telling Kirishima that it had been a mistake on the hotel's end. He had assumed Kirishima to be oblivious to his blatant actions, but apparently he had been wrong.

Sleeping in the same bed as the red head had been incredible. After the events from the hotel, the boys had stayed up watching YouTube together, hoping to calm down after such an intense fight. They were already sitting close together, but it was then that Kirishima fell asleep on his shoulder. Bakugo had tried to move him without waking him but eventually ended up sleeping with him in his arms. He had woken the next morning not wanting to get out of bed, their arms and legs tangled together, and Kirishima's face resting on Bakugo's neck.

Bakugo sat down on the end of his bed, stroking a thumb over the silky blue material of the floral print vest that was layered on top of it. His mind wandered over the events of the past few days. He would have never imagined that Kirishima would find out about his feelings, let alone reciprocate them. What were they supposed to call each other now?

Kirishima had bought him these fancy clothes and yet he hadn't worn them since that day. Looking at the shirt again, he realized why, the sleeve of the button down was ripped clean off, he would have to think of something else to wear tonight.

Glancing down at his watch, he noted that it was almost 5:30, the time he was supposed to be ready by. Looking back at his closet again in despair, Bakugo begrudgingly pulled out his cell phone, dialing a number he really didn't feel like dialing. He needed help.

~~~

Kaminari had just adjusted his bow tie in the mirror when he heard his cell phone ringing from the bed.

That might be Jiro! Did I tell her where we were meeting? I didn't miss the taxi did I? What time is it!

Picking up his phone, he let out a sigh of relief. It was just Bakugo. Kaminari froze, Bakugo was calling him? Tentatively pressing the green button, he raised the cell phone to his ear.
"Hello?"
There was a brief silence on the other end before Bakugo's voice could be heard.
"I need your help."
"Sure Bakubr- I mean Bakugo! What's up?"
There was more silence until Bakugo's voice spoke again, quieter than before.
"I don't have anything to wear."
Stunned for a moment Kaminari was silent.
"SAY SOMETHING, MORON!"
Kaminari laughed, pulling the phone slightly away from his ear.
"Sorry! Aha! Come over and I'll help you out, ok?"
"Whatever."
The phone disconnected abruptly and Kaminari rolled his eyes.

Sheesh, this guy. I'm not sure why Kirishima likes him so much.

He was scrolling through Instagram when he heard the knock on his door. Getting up he opened the door and was surprised to see Bakugo in sweatpants and a T-shirt.
"You can't go to the restaurant like this, man."
"I know, idiot, that's why I'm here!"
Sighing, Kaminari opened the door more so Bakugo could enter.
"Stop calling me names, I'm the one helping you after all."
Bakugo was quiet, a slight sneer on his face as he sat down in Kaminari's desk chair.
"I have some extra dress clothes we can look through, don't worry."
"I'm not worried!"
The two were silent again as Kaminari rummaged through his closet, tossing out several dress shirts and pants onto the bed.
"So.. this is a couples thing? Was it Raccoon Eye's idea?"
Kaminari chuckled, pulling out some slacks from an overstuffed drawer.
"Well yeah, Mina brought it up, that way we'll save money for the fair."
"Tch..."
Kaminari glanced back up at Bakugo, noting what seemed like a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth.
"So you're ok with pretending to be Kirishima's date?" Kaminari said hesitantly, he didn't want to be blown up right before a fun night with a cute girl. Burn blisters... not cute.
Bakugo was quiet a moment, his eyes focused on the screen of his cell phone.

Is he even listening to me?

"Pretending... Yeah, I don't mind." Bakugo was quiet, sliding his phone back into his pocket and meeting Kaminari's eyes. Kaminari thought back to Hero Development Day, it had only been only a few days since then and nobody in the class seemed to be addressing the chaos. Bakugo had been avoiding everyone more than ever, and nobody had seemed to want to pursue the topic with him. Perhaps out of fear.

How was Bakugo handling all of this? He and Kirishima were still talking to one another, but this seemed like a different step. The vibrant blonde's eyebrows furrowed slightly in thought. Was there something else going on here? Surely he wasn't playing with Kirishima's heart?
"Did you hear me, Pikachu?"
Kaminari glanced up, slightly startled.
"Sorry what?"
"I said, let's pick out an outfit already."

~~~

Kirishima glanced at his watch, and turned to Sero and Mina, who were conversing quietly while balancing on the edge of the curb.
"It's about time to go, what time will the taxi be here?"
Sero pulled his phone from his pocket.
"It says in 7 minutes. Look, there's Kaminari and Jiro!"
Kaminari came trotting towards the group, dressed in a dark suit with a yellow and black bow tie. Trailing slightly behind was Jiro, wearing a hot pink blouse and flowing pants, detailed with small flowers.
"You two look so cute!" Mina squealed, pulling Sero's arm and knocking him slightly off balance as they rushed towards the other two.

With a toothy grin, Kirishima went to join them, pausing halfway over when he noticed the other figure stepping out the door of Alliance Heights.

"Baku...go..."

Bakugo had on tight maroon pants and a charcoal grey button down shirt, open two buttons to expose his collar bone. He had a sharp black dress jacket over his shoulders and as he stepped closer, Kirishima noticed a small black choker tight against his neck.

"Bakugo... you look... amazing."

Bakugo tilted his head back, looking over Kirishima with a faint smile before stepping closer and murmuring close to his ear.
"You look really good too."
Kirishima felt his tie being pulled and immediately released, as Bakugo took a step back.
"The collar was my idea." He heard Jiro say quietly as the group joined them.
"Haha yeah, Bakubro- I mean Bakugo needed some help picking an outfit. Did we do well?"
Bakugo scoffed and Kirishima chuckled. "You did great Kaminari, Oh! That must be our Taxi!"

The group turned to see the bright yellow taxi cab pulling up to the street.

"Um guys?" Kaminari's voice had a slight nervous edge to it, "Are we all going to fit in there?"

Thanks for reading this far everyone! I'll see you all next chapter! ❤️
~ TAK