Building Up to Break Down

Bakugo was the first to wake up that Tuesday morning. He found it more difficult than usual to pull himself from the warmth of both his bed, and his boyfriend's arms. The alarm was still blaring, but Bakugo couldn't reach over Kirishima's body far enough to turn it off.

"Oi, shit head. Move already..." He groaned sleepily, shoving the other boy off him. Kirishima grumbled awake, lifting his bed ruffed head off Bakugo's shoulder.

"What time is it?" He mumbled, blinking a few times before sitting up and tapping the alarm off. Bakugo untangled their legs, slipping out from beneath his covers and stretching as he stood. "Quarter to fucking six, so let's get moving already."

Kirishima nodded with a yawn, watching lazily as Bakugo shuffled to his drawer, pulling out his uniform. Bakugo was in just his boxers from the night before, and the muscles on his bare back flexed as he leaned down to get his belt.

"Such a nice view from over here." Kirishima was surprised when the words left his mouth. Apparently his thought to mouth filter was still loading this early in the morning. He chuckled at the blush on the blonde's face as Bakugo growled back at him. "Go get dressed, you idiot."

Kirishima obliged, not even trying to resist the temptation of dragging his hands over his boyfriend's bare back as he passed him on the way to the door.

He popped the door open, sending a wink in his direction before moving to walk outside the door.

What he saw froze him in his tracks.

"Uh... Hello Kirishima."

Kirishima blinked a couple times in astonishment. "H-Hi Shoji." It clicked in his mind, just now realizing how he looked walking out of Bakugo's room at 5:45 in the morning wearing nothing but a pair of black boxers. Kirishima turned and it was clear to see Bakugo in the same just inside the door.

"Why the hell are you still standing there, Eijiro! Close the fucking door already."

Kirishima couldn't move, stammering excuses to a stoic Shoji, who regarded them with confusion before turning on his heel and walking towards the stairs.

"Who the fuck were you talking to?" Bakugo snarled, "Arms?" He leaned over Kirishima's shoulder to get a glimpse of the now empty hallway, then whirled back to face his boyfriend. Kirishima stammered an apology, rubbing the back of his neck. "Just shut up and get dressed." Was all Bakugo said before shoving Kirishima out and closing the door.

~~~

The air was tense between the two boys as they made their way downstairs for breakfast. Grabbing a box of cereal, Kirishima moved to sit with Kaminari by the window, his eyes still following the grumpy blonde who was making himself a cup of coffee.

"If they aren't like that then why haven't any of them talked to us? They're fucking looking down at us... at me." Bakugo's words from the night before suddenly rang in Kirishima's ears. Spooning another bite of Mighty O's into his mouth, his forehead creased as his eyebrows drew together. He looked around the room at the other students, for what seemed like the first time in days.

Bakugo was given a wide berth in the kitchen, and while that wasn't completely unusual, Kirishima felt as though he was given more space than normal. His eyes travelled over his other chatting classmates, realizing now that aside from their respective tight knit groups of friends, both he and Katsuki were being outright avoided. He made eye contact with Tokoyami, and felt his heart sink as the other boy quickly looked away. He tried again and again, but each time, the student would turn away or move somewhere else.