Jealousy// Zach Dempsey

[CLAY'S YOUR OLDER BROTHER]

"I could get used to this."

"So could I."

I reply as Zach and I laid together on the leather sofa in his living room. He laid on the sofa with his legs spread out and his back leaning comfortably on the armrest. I was on top of him, my head resting on his firm chest with my arms wrapped around his waist. I placed my ear where his heart was, I could hear it beating every second or so and the sound of his beating heart calmed my head and pulled the corners of my lips upwards. His arms were wrapped around me, almost like a warm blanket and his chin rested on the crown of my head. We just sat there in silence, although it was very comfortable and calming.

It's only been a couple of months since we had officially started dating but for some reason it's almost like we've known each other for more than that. We're very comfortable with each other, and we already know each other quite well if I do say so myself. But of course, like any other relationship, ours wasn't exactly a walk in the park either.

It was times like this when I didn't mind him always being busy with school, or basketball for that matter. He has to do well so that he can get a scholarship in his chosen university. He was busy, he was always either at the school courts practicing or in different states battling it out with other high schools, and I understood, seeing as he is the captain of the Liberty High basketball team, and he is their most valuable player. It's his dream along with becoming a marine biologist, and who am I to get in the way of his dream. I'll always be there for him, to support him, to help him, to encourage him whenever he feels down but I missed times like this, if I'm being honest, and these were the days where I could be selfish around him. What meant the most is that I still get to spend times like this with no one else, but him. He was mine, only mine, and I was his, only his.

"I really missed you." I look up to face him.

"What? Babe you see me in school almost everyday." he replies with a chuckle.

"Yes I do see you but I don't get to actually spend much time with you since you're always so busy." I answer with a pout.

"I'm sorry Y/N. You know I have to do well to get a scholarship." he says as he strokes my hair gently.

"Of course I understand Zach. We'll just have to spend times like this wisely because we rarely get to be together like this. So what exactly do you want to do today? Do you have anything in mind?" I ask him. Just as Zach was about to reply, my phone which was resting on top of the coffee table, lit up. A person's name came up on the screen and I got up immediately to answer it.

"Helmet?"

"I'm good, I missed you! How 'bout you? How are you doing?"

"Uhm, nothing much I'm just with Zach right now."

"Sure! Sure! He'll understand. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Alright, yup, i'll see you soon Helmet!"

I smile as I take the phone to my chest and run to Zach's bathroom. As I freshened up, I can feel heavy footsteps coming closer to the bathroom door. A few seconds later, as I turn around, I see Zach's tall figure leaning against the doorframe.

"Who was that?" he asks with his arms crossed infront of his chest.

"My helmet." I reply without looking at him as I hurriedly tried to brush my teeth.

"What did he or she need?" he asks.

"He wanted to see me." I answer as I got out of the bathroom.