Your Highness (Part #1)

Writer: tolkien-fantasy
Series: Lord of the Rings
Pairing: Merry x Thorin's Daughter! Reader
Summary: When a young Dwarf Girl joined the fellowship, Merry fell head over heels. But he had no idea that she was the daughter of Thorin, and heir to the throne of Erebor.
Parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Other: Requested by Anon!

Ever since she joined the Fellowship of the Ring, Merry was absolutely enamored. Having never seen a Dwarf before, the girl with the stubble and braids certainly caught his eye. Whether it was the way you talked to him so kindly, or the way you fought with fire in your eyes, you entranced him to no end. He didn't know too much about your history, but you two were still the best of friends.

The Fellowship embraced you as not only helpful, but as a true friend. And, par for the course in the Fellowship, there was an awful lot of teasing between the group. Granted, Gimli always seemed weirdly protective of you, but Merry couldn't tell why.

So the Fellowship walked down the rocky road, keeping a lookout but talking with one another along the way. Merry walked beside her, chatting happily. She told him stories of her homeland, and Merry happily listened to her as he trotted along the path. Her smooth and diplomatic voice seemed to warm his heart, and as he walked along he just watched her, admiring the beauty.

But considering it was the later at night, Merry shivered lightly as he walked. (Y/N) took note of this, and thus took off one of her fur coats. She leaned over and slung the jacket around Merry's shoulders, causing him to blush, though he did warm up quite a bit. (Y/N) smiled at him, and continued on her way.

Merry was blushing quite a bit, and he saw Pippin walking next to him - who gave him a thumbs-up and a wink. Merry laughed lightly, before hearing Legolas shout suddenly, jolting the poor Hobbit to his core.

"Look Out!"

It all happened too fast for the poor Hobbit. he quickly attempted to draw out his dagger, looking around to see his friends fighting off an ambushing band of Orcs. He tried to fight, but before he knew it, a sharp pain struck through the back of his head, and everything faded to black.

"Merry? Merry, can you hear me?"

A soft and gentle voice beckoned him back to his senses, as his eyes opened. He saw an angel sitting above him - (Y/N). Seeing him awake, she smiled and patted him on his shoulder.

"Nice to see you awake!" She giggled.

He blushed seeing her above him.

"H-Heh, yeah. What happened?" He said, trying to shift to sit up.

(Y/N) took him by the arm and helped him up before patting him on the back.

"You were hit on the head on an orc..." She said, her eyes growing a bit upset, "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you correctly."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that. You got him away didn't you!" Gimli said, walking closer to the pair of you two, having overheard that tidbit.

"Yes... quite impressive for a Dwarf, really!" Legolas chimed in, his face in a smirk.

The Elf was clearly joking, but that didn't stop Gimli from tightening his grip on his axe, sharply turning towards him.

"How dare you speak to the future queen of Erebor that way!!" The smaller Dwarf yells.

Merry paused for a minute, taking in what he just heard. (Y/N)... was... what?

Everyone around seemed equally confused.

"What?" Legolas inquired. (Y/N) sighed.

"I am the daughter of Thorin Oakenshield, and the princess of Erebor." She admitted.

Merry had to take a double-take. This entire time, he was flirting with a FUTURE QUEEN?!

Everyone was surprised, but went on their way nonetheless, leaving Merry in a wake of surprise. But, he soon scrambled up to join everyone.

As (Y/N) and everyone walked, Merry hurried to catch up with her. He then walked next to her awkwardly, though she looked at him questioningly. Merry cleared his throat.

"So... you're a princess?"

(Y/N) giggled lightly, before setting a hand on Merry's shoulder.

"Yes, I am. But please don't let that change your opinion of me." She told him, "I am fond of you after all."

Merry's mouth dropped open as (Y/N) smirked. Then the Dwarf Girl hurried forward to talk with Legolas and Aragorn (who have formed a sort of "Royal Trio" with one another). Merry pondered for a bit.

'Ooh boy...'