Your Highness (Part #3)

Writer: tolkien-fantasy
Series: Lord of the Rings
Pairing: Merry x Thorin's Daughter! Reader
Summary: When a young Dwarf Girl joined the fellowship, Merry fell head over heels. But he had no idea that she was the daughter of Thorin, and heir to the throne of Erebor. After confessing their feelings and completing the journey, the Dwarven Princess introduces her new consort to the original Company.
Parts: 1, 2, 3

At long last, the adventure was over. It was hard to believe, considering it'd taken nearly 18 years to destroy the ring once and for all, but finally, it was done. All in the Fellowship were grateful, though heartbroken to go your separate ways. Everyone stayed good friends and kept in touch, but Legolas returned to Mirkwood, Aragorn left to rule over Gondor, Gandalf began wandering again, and Frodo, Sam & Pippin went back to the Shire. Yet, Gimli, (Y/N) & Merry had other plans.

They all set off for Erebor. It was important for Gimli to return the Princess back home so she could rule, and Merry tagged along as well - as her new Royal Consort, he could stay by her side. He was understandably nervous, but being by (Y/N) sides helped calm his nerves. After a month or two of traveling, the band had finally made it to Erebor.

Merry was overcome by the utter wonder and beauty of the Dwarvish architecture and culture, and he blushed deeply when (Y/N) introduced him as her Consort to her subjects. Gimli went off to tend to his own family and home, while (Y/N) led Merry to the Royal Palace. They were enjoying walking and talking down the halls, before hearing a voice behind them.

"Oh, our little girl has a consort, does she?" They heard.

Turning around, (Y/N)'s face immediately lit up.

"Bofur!!" She rejoiced, wrapping her arms around the old Dwarf in happiness.

"Wait..." Merry pondered. Was this the same Bofur that Bilbo used to talk about? Surely it had to be, considering (Y/N) was the daughter of Thorin Oakenshield, and this Dwarf did look rather old by now.

After the hug, Bofur looked over to Merry with a questioning smirk. Merry's blood ran cold with worry as Bofur walked up to him and stared. But after seemingly examining the young Hobbit, the Dwarf laughed and patted him on the back.

"I like this one!" He chuckled.

"And which one is that?" Another Dwarf asked as he walked in.

"Fili! Kili!" (Y/N) yelled happily, pulling both Dwarves into a joyful hug.

"So... this is the boy, is it?" Kili smiled, walking over the Merry.

Kili pulled Merry into a tight hug, before leaning down close to Merry's ear.

"You break her heart, and I break you, got it?" he whispered.

Merry panicked slightly, frantically nodding.

"Kili!!" (Y/N) yelled in anger, smacking Kili on the arm for threatening her boyfriend.

"You seem to share your father's love for Hobbits, don't you." Fili chuckled.

"Heh, I guess I do, don't I..." She smiled back.

Afterwards, (Y/N) invited Merry to dinner with the Company, which the Hobbit agreed to. Though the other Dwarves seemed rather protective over (Y/N), Merry generally got along quite well with them. It was a lovely night indeed.

Merry and (Y/N) stayed in the Dwarven Kingdom for another 2 weeks, before saying goodbye and setting off on the road again. They had come to an agreement that, after the visited (Y/N)'s home, they would visit Merry's. And so, the couple left for the Shire. And after traveling for a month or two, they made it!

They were happy to meet with Pippin, Frodo and Sam again, and so a large party was thrown in celebration of Merry and (Y/N). (Y/N) was overjoyed to meet the other Hobbits, and found their small little Hobbit Holes and festive parties quite amusing. But, an older Hobbit soon came to see her.

"And who would you be?" (Y/N) said, very friendly.

"Bilbo Baggins.." He answered.

(Y/N) stopped for a minute. She remembered how the other Dwarves would always tell her of her Father's best friend, Bilbo Baggins...

"So you knew my Father then?" She asked.

Bilbo looked very confused, unsure of who this girl was.

"Thorin Oakenshield... My father was Thorin Oakenshield." She elabroated.

Bilbo's eyes grew wide, memories flooding back to him. Tears gathered in his eyes as he set a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"You look just like him..." Bilbo choked out.

(Y/N) chuckled sadly. She hugged Bilbo, comforting the old man. They soon bonded over the loss of the friend and father. After the party, Bilbo went over to Frodo.

"Frodo, remember how I told you Thorin died?..."

"Uh, yes." Frodo replied, confused.

Bilbo looked over at (Y/N) happily.

"I was wrong. It seems he never left."