Rise and Fall part 1

(y/n) POV

Like I told Pyrrha the past few months passed quickly, it's now the second semester and the Vital Festival is right around the corner. A few students from other academies are already arriving here a month ahead of time. I don't know why, maybe it was because I was single, or because I knew that there were going to be some students coming from Mistral, but I couldn't help but wonder if I'd see Cinder. "Now what's a guy like you doing in a place like this?" A woman said from behind me, "Oh my God Cinder!" I said happily as I turned around, "(y/n) I missed you so much, but I'm probably the last person you want to see." She said, "Now why wouldn't I wanna see you? Besides if I didn't wanna see you then I wouldn't ware this." I said as I showed her the necklace, "Oh my God! I didn't think you actually would open it after what I did!" She said as she hugged me, "So I take it that's (y/n) then?" A man asked, "Sup the names Mercury Black I'm Cinder's team mate." He said, "Nice to meet you." I said as I shook his hand.

"Let me tell ya (y/n) Cinder wouldn't shut up about you. 'I want my boyfriend!', 'I feel so bad about living (y/n).', 'Mercury give me my necklace back (y/n) got it for me!', 'Look at what you did! The chain is ruined! I'm literally going to kill you! Stop laughing I'm seriously going to kill you!' It was more or less of that every single day." Mercury said, "Well I get how she felt, I mean it took me like six months to get over her." I said, "So you don't wanna get back together then?" Cinder asked, "Not yet, I'm actually planning on transferring to Haven Academy next year. Sure I had a lot of fun here, sure I'll miss seeing my sisters and team, but if it means seeing you every day then it'll be worth it." I said sweetly, "Then let's get back together! It'll be just like before." She said excitedly.

"Guys I'm back, and I brought my girlfriend with me." I said as I entered the dorm, "Where were you?! And since when do you have a girlfriend?" Ava asked, "Is she hot?" Nova asked, "What's her name and is she nice?" Eve asked, "Cinder meet my team, the overprotective one is Ava Summers, this is Nova Arc, he's the adopted younger brother of Jaune Arc, and finally we have Eve Evergreen, she's pretty much the mom of our little group." I said, "I AM NOT THE MOM OF THE GROUP!" Eve yelled, "Eve how often do you yell at us to do our homework, to stop fighting, to get off our butts and go outside, or to eat our vegetables?" I asked, "Far more than I should!" She said, "Well that sounds like a mom to me." I said, Cinder laughed at us a bit.

"So what do you wanna do now?" Cinder asked, "Well I have a boring meeting I have to go to sooo... wanna go out to eat?" I asked, "Defiantly." She said as she hung on my arm.

We got on my bike just like old times and drove to a fancy restaurant. "Babe! There's no possible way we could ever afford to eat here! Even if we could we're way under dressed." Cinder said, "Babe I got this. While you were gone I found a way to make money and do nothing to earn it." I said, "How much?" She asked, I handed her the piece of paper Glynda gave me, "Wow that's a lot of zeros. How often do you get paid?" She asked, "Once a week." I said as I walked into the restaurant.

"Sup, me and my girl need a table." I said to the receptionist, "I'm sorry sir, but you need a reservation." She said, "You new her sweetheart?" I asked, "Yes it's my first day." She said, "Well then I'd like you to look at the VIP list for me alright dear." I said, "Alright sir, but I don't see the point." She said as she looked at the list, "What seems to be the trouble here?" The manager asked, "Frank, buddy this girl right her doing a great job. But you really need to put my picture on the desk or something cause I don't wanna get hassled when I wanna eat at my own restaurant." I said, "I am so sorry sir, usually you send us some sort of notice ahead of time." He said, "Yeah, well this is kinda a last minute date." I said calmly.