The Fall part 1

(y/n) POV

"Oh I'm so excited to be going on to the one on one matches with you!" Yang said excitedly as she hugged me, I sighed and broke away from her, "I love ya and all sis, but we're opponents now and as much as it's gonna hurt the both of us eventually I'm gonna have to beat you." I said confidently.

"Hey babe how are ya feeling? It can't be easy knowing you might have to fight your sister." Cinder said, "I'm fine babe. I'm actually looking forward to fighting Yang." I said calmly. "Well I glad your not nervous about going up against not only your sister, but Pyrrha, and Mercury." She said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Cinder POV

"Mercury don't screw this up." I said calmly.

Everything went according to plan, Mercury threw the fight, Emerald created an illusion over multiple people, Neo and I drove the ambulance, and the best part is (y/n) is none the wiser.

(y/n) POV

"Did he deserve it?" I asked calmly, "I'm so sorry (y/n)!" Yang cried, "Did he deserve it?" I repeated, "Yang Mercury can be an ass at times, hell I've come close to punching his teeth in a few times, and that's why if you say he deserved it than I'll trust and believe you." I said as I tried to comfort my older sister.

"Hey how's your sister doing?" Nova asked, "She'll be better once all this blows over. She said he attacked her and I believe her." I said, "Dude we saw her attack him though!" He said, "I know, but unlike you I've been out on a real battlefield before, so I probably know what she's going through better than most." I said calmly.

Flashback several years ago (y/n) POV

"D...Dad I'm scared." I said, "I know bud, but this is something I have to do." Dad said as he walked away.

I was terrified, my father was going off somewhere to fight some bandits on his own and I was left all by myself. I was just a scared eight year old. I looked around to find something to distract myself with until Dad came back. I looked for a bit when I saw a raven fly past me. "Hello little boy are you lost?" A woman asked, "N...no I'm just waiting for my dad to get back." I said, "And where is your mother?" She asked, "I... I don't have a mother." I said, suddenly she hugged me from behind, I turned to face the woman and she looked like my father, "M...Mommy?" I asked, "No, no I'm not your mother, but you're close. I'm your godmother." She said, "I... I want my dad!" I said, "Speaking of which, where is my useless brother?" She asked, "He went to go deal with some bandits." I said calmly. "Of course he did, well then your coming with me." She said, "No." I said, "Wait what?" She asked, "Dad told me never go anywhere with strange women who start talking to me. He also told me that if I ever needed help to go get Candi... but she's not here." I said, "What the actual hell has he been teaching you?!" She said, "Well I'm your aunt Raven, I was a friend of your mother's, you can trust me." She said, "I don't feel comfortable here, and Dad told me if I don't feel comfortable in a situation that I should run." I said as I ran away.

I ran to where Dad was fighting. "THIS RIGHT HERE, THIS IS WHY I ABANDONED YOUR SISTER!" Raven yelled angrily as she picked me up by my wrist, "OW! STOP IT YOUR HURTING ME!" I yelled as I shot a bolt of fire into the air. The firebolt surprised her just enough to drop me and I took the opportunity to run.

"DAD!" I yelled as I ran towards my father, "(Y/N)?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Dad yelled, "I'm getting real tired of this shit kid!" Raven said as she picked me up by my collar, "RAVEN! YOU KNOW WHAT I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!" He yelled as he fired off a few shots into the distance, suddenly Raven began to hold me more defensively and then she jumped backwards to avoid getting shot, "Do you have a weapon?" She asked, "Y...yes, but it's not here." I said, "Take this and stay behind me!" She ordered as she handed me a knife.

After several hours of fighting things finally calmed down

After several hours of fighting things finally calmed down. "Raven how is he?" Dad asked, Raven took the knife away from me, I was shaking from all I had seen, "He'll be alright eventually, but I think you should be the one to help him." Raven said, "Why your his godmother and his guardian, both legally and figuratively." He said, "True, but he is your kid." She said, "Yeah, but I've actually got nothing. You take him." He said as he walked away.

End flashback