Scars

(Asher)

All hell had broken loose!

I'd come prepared to part a fight, though. Just not the one I thought would transpire based on events that unfolded on Saturday. Prepared one hundred percent to part a fight between Carter and Jaxon over what that jackass had said, it came as a shock to everyone that morning the fight that transpired between Carter and Bennett.

One of Jace's friends, her name was Sasha, had come running up to us that morning in the cafeteria. I was sitting with Sky, Jace, Dale and Laken, when she came up to us in a huff, panting and her hair ruffled from all her running.

"You guys gotta help! Carter's fighting!" she all but screamed at us, grabbing hold of Sky's arm and tugging at him to get up. "You gotta come or he'll kill that Bennett guy!" she added, grunting now as Sky refused to get up.

I, however, at the mention of Bennett, jumped to my feet. They figured it must be pretty bad if I suddenly jumped to the occasion, so they got up and followed after Sasha and I. Jaxon saw me on our way and raised his hand to wave at me in greeting. He didn't get the chance to, his eyes bugging out when I suddenly gripped his shirt and pulled him along.

A circle had formed out back where the picnic tables were laid out. Students had whipped out their cell phones and were taping it, while others had hopped up onto the table tops to get a better view and angle for video-taping. The crowd was going crazy as they cheered Carter on, some yelling at him on what next to do to Bennett.

It was clear that no one was on Bennett's side. Then again, what else was to be expected from the school's star quarterback and football captain?

The three dominants took the lead. Dale, Sky and Jaxon shouldering and pushing students out of the way as they forcefully created a path through the wall that these students had formed. I followed close behind Jaxon, with Sasha, Jace and Laken trailing behind. Laken looked overwhelmed by all the shouting, the noise and people pushing each other to see the fight, but no one was able to touch him. Sasha, being the tough chick she was, forcefully created a path, shoving people away and cursing them to hell and back so that they wouldn't trample Laken.

We made it through the crowd, Sasha and Jace falling in line at the front whilst keeping Laken close to them. It was no surprise to see what we found. The school's star quarterback was on top of Bennett, pummelling the shit out of him. It was an unfair fight since Carter clearly had the upper-hand, being stronger and taller, bigger than Bennett was. There was also the difference in their rank; Carter a beta, and Bennett a fourth-in-command.

He wasn't giving Bennett a chance to fight back or even defend himself against the blows that were being rained down on him. Dale and Sky moved in, prying their beta off of Bennett, who was hauled to his feet rather forcefully by Jaxon a moment later. I took my chance to hold Bennett back, just as Carter lunged forward trying to get back at him. Bennett tried to as well, but Jaxon got in between them, forming a barricade with his own body, while Sky and Dale restrained Carter who fought them bitterly.

"Get the fuck off me! He has to pay!"

"Carter, that's enough!" Dale commanded, but even that wasn't enough to make the angry beta simmer down. Carter shoved Dale, who mimicked his movements, forcing him back.

"He fucking took Kelly from me! The fucking bitch! I'll fucking kill him!"

Bennett then chuckled lowly, making us all look to him. A malevolent grin splitting his face, Bennett flicked his tongue out to lick at the blood on his busted lips. His nose was bleeding, and there was a nasty cut on his forehead just above his left eyebrow.

"That why you're pissed, Hayes?" he said, wiping away some of the blood with the back of his hand. "Because I stole your girl? I fucked her good too. Had her begging for my cock like a bitch in heat."