Chapter 15.

I woke up and realized it was Sunday, a nice day to spend with Q but he's not here. I got up and went downstairs.

"Dad?" I thought he went to work already.

"Yes?"

"Aren't you supposed to be working?"

"Sunday's I get off now." he smiled

"Yay!" I ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

"So I made some waffles." my mom said. I ooed and ate some.

"I've been hearing about Brian and I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks but we aren't even dating."

"Don't worry. They will soon." My mom winked

"Just be careful. Also good luck at school on Monday!" my dad said

"I'm not looking forward to it. New school for senior year and new people to get to know that I don't want to get to know, if you know what I mean."

"Why don't you go get ready and we can go out for some lunch at 12? Just us two." said my dad

"Sound awesome, sure! What about mom?"

"Nah I'm busy here with cleaning and still unpacking which you haven't helped."

"Right. Well I'm gonna go get dressed." I ran upstairs.

I put on a mini pink flowy dress and a little cropped black jacket. I put on my black flats and brushed my hair. I curled it a bit and put on some light makeup. It wasn't dressy at all to be honest. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

"Where are you going? You just woke up and ate. Also it's only 8:43." my dad said

"Sorry I got too excited haha. I'm just going to sit here till 12 okay?"

"Aren't you full?"

"Yea but we could have like a 4 hour chat to pass the time there and then eat."

"Zoey calm down. Why are you so anxious? It's like you haven't seen your father in forever." My mom said

"It's cause I actually haven't!" I turned and faced them.

"He's always working from like 5 to 10 and I never get to spend time with him. I miss him."

"Aw sweetie." my dad said

I went outside and started walking around. I just remembered that I needed to feed Q's pets. I grabbed the key from under the mat and opened the door. There was a note on the kitchen table.

"Hi Zoey! This is a note like your mom always makes for you! I find it cute, like you. Anyway I just need you to give the cats some dry food and make sure they always have water. Only give them wet food once a week. Love Q! Oh p.s go upstairs to my room, there's a little surprise on the bed."

A surprise? What could he have done now? I left the note on the table and gave the cats some food and water. I decided to do what the note said and went upstairs to Q's room. I opened the door. There on the bed was a note and a 2 small boxes. I read the note.

"Zoey, I knew you would come up here to get your surprise. Oh there's actually 2 surprises hence the 2 boxes. Open the red one first."

I did what he said. I opened the red box, it was a metal bracelet with the letter Q on it. There was a note in the box.

"Remember those friendship bracelets which were actually carnival bracelets? Well I saw that mine fell off, so I decided to get us actual ones. I'm wearing mine right now, just ask for a pic to prove it and I'll send it to you. Now go for the blue box."

I opened the blue box, inside was a necklace with a tiny silver heart. It looked like a locket. I opened it and there it revealed a picture of Q and I. I don't even remember this picture ever being taken. There was a note there too.

"Zoey I love you so much! Remember when we went to that cabin? We stayed up watching tv on the couch, you were really tired but you agreed to take a picture together. So we did. This was it! I hope you enjoy these gifts! Text me!"

I put on the bracelet and the necklace. This guy was too much! I loved him so much. I texted him.

"Found your gifts! You are so sweet! I love you!" I said. He answered within minutes.

"Glad you like them as much as I like you!"

"Well you promised a picture of your bracelet, so send it." I received a picture. He was actually wearing it! It had my name on it! ZOEY! My name! Aw.

"I ain't no liar."

"Awe I miss you! Come home ASAP!" I texted.

"Miss you too! I will boo."

I shut off my phone and went back home. My parents were still sitting at the kitchen table.

"Were you wearing that necklace before?" asked my mom

"Nope. Q got it for me." I said

"I thought he was on tour." Asked my dad

"He is but he left some surprises at his house, I have to take care of his cats while he's gone."

I showed my parents the locket and bracelet. They awed. I blushed a little bit then went upstairs and watched a little tv. I noticed the time was already 12 when I heard my dad's footsteps coming upstairs.

"Zoey come on. Let's go." He said

"Coming." I ran downstairs

"So we are gonna head out to Lulu's." my dad said

"Never been there. Let's go!" I said

I kissed my mom goodbye and we left. My dad drove about 20 minutes till we stopped in the parking lot. It wasn't a restaurant but kind of like a diner. We went in. Music was playing all around, it was so cool. We sat at a table, my dad ordered a bacon burger and I ordered a veggie burger and water.

"You still going with this whole vegetarian thing?" My dad asked

"Yes! I want to lose weight." I said, taking a bite of my burger

"You are skinny! You don't need to lose anything. And I mean anything."

"Thanks but I don't feel like I am. Also dad, I haven't had sex with Q."

"Yet." I whispered under my breath

"I know but just be careful. Always use protection."

"Dad I know. Can we talk about something else?"

"Sure. How about college?"

"Do you want to fight?" I asked

"No you're right. Sorry." He sipped some of his coffee, he ordered.

I started thinking. If Brian and I start dating and it last more than 2 years and when I go to college, we won't be able to see eachother! Oh no. Maybe I can go to a local college, ugh no I really want to go to a college in Brooklyn or NYU (New York university) I guess it's not too far. It's still not close enough to Q! Lucky bastard. he finished college already! My dad was staring at me.

"You ok hunny?" He asked

"Yea sorry just thinking about college."

"Oh I shouldn't have brought that up haha but you should be thinking about it honestly."

"I know, I know. Ugh life is full of tough choices."

"Yeah."

We payed the bill and went back home. I missed my dad but now he made me think about college. Great! I went upstairs to my room and layed down. I'm not even dating Brian and things are gonna come between us. I felt one or two tears fall down my cheeks. I completely ignored it. I just sat in my room with my messy mascara all over my face now and wondered. Wondered about life, wondered about college...Most importantly wondered about Q.