Chapter 31.

My parents payed the full amount for Parstons in May. I told Alex all about it and she was so happy for me. The next month came which was June. Graduation was coming and I had to go get a dress. I decided to go out with Hailey and find one. Hailey picked me up in her black jeep which had no doors.

"Hey you ready?" She said

"Yeah hold on." I grabbed my Chanel bag and threw my phone and money in there. I walked out and got into the front seat.

"Yay! Let's go!" She sped off. Honestly this car doesn't appeal to me. The strong winds bother me so much, like you might as well walk. What if I fell out? Yeah no safe either.

"Would you relax. It's a safe car." Hailey noticed I was kind of scared.

"It's my first time in this car." I said

"Don't worry, we are here anyway." She parked closest to the mall as possible.

"Do you know what you're looking for?" I asked

"Yeah. I personally want a light blue puffy mini dress, with sparkles of course." She said

"How about shoes?"

"Black wedges, the ones you tie up."

"I bet that's going to look perfect on you. I on the other hand don't know what I'm going to wear."

"That's why I'm here!" She grabbed my hand and we ran to all the possible stores with dresses.

"Do you need any help?" Asked a woman whose name tag said Brenda.

"Uhm.. N.." Hailey interrupted before I could say no.

"Yeah, do you have this exact dress here?" She showed her a picture on her phone.

"Ah one of the popular ones. It's right over here." She led Hailey to the blue dress aisle which I thought was unnecessary to have color coded aisles. Pretty racist if you ask me.

I continued to look through dresses. I picked out a mini white lace dress with long sleeves, a pink tight dress with ruffles coming from one side. Another was a black mini dress with a white collar. Simple but classy. The next one I picked was a dress with a black top and a white flowy frizzy bottom. I picked out some black high heels and tried them all on.

"Zoey you in here?" asked Hailey. I open the door wearing my first dress.

"That looks so pretty on you!"

"Thanks, did you pick out your dress?"

"Yup already bought it too!"

"And the shoes?"

"Bought them too but I love yours!"

"Thanks."

I tried them each on, Hailey said something positive about each one, it was so hard to chose. At the end I finally decided on the last dress. The black and white one. I went up to the cashier and the total was $140. I got to keep $60! Yay! As Hailey and I were walking out we bumped into some group of girls and guys.

"Watch where you're going!" Said one girl

"Oh..sorry." I looked down

"What's wrong with you?" Asked the girl's boyfriend. I'm guessing.

"No what's wrong with you! Just move along!" said Hailey

"Wait a second." A brunette came up to me and lifted up my chin, she looked in both eyes.

"Carly what's up?" Asked the girl

"This is Brian Quinn's girlfriend. I've seen her pictures on his Instagram."

"What!? No way!"

"Mhm look!" She pulled me closer to the girl.

"Shit Carly, you're right! How did you meet Q?" She asked

"Uhm..." Hailey was silent, she didn't know what to do. I totally was expecting her to yell at me for not telling her about Q and I but then I remembered that I did tell her.

"Can we meet the guys!?" asked one guy in the group.

"Sorry but we have to go." Hailey grabbed my arm and pulled me out of there.

"Some people need to back the fuck off and mind their own business." She said

"Yeah."

We got back into her horrible jeep.

"Do you want to get some lunch? I'm starving." she said

"Me too. Sure."

She drove us to Garden City. We both ordered salad's. It was weird getting recognized in public but even weirder being known as Brian Quinn's girlfriend instead of Zoey, Brian Quinn's girlfriend. It makes no sense but people can at least learn my name. It felt unfair too, all this popularity just cause I'm dating someone. It was so stupid. I felt like a beard.

"Are you thinking about those people at the mall? Because they shouldn't bother you. It's just stupidity." said Hailey.

"No actually, I don't know, I think I think too much." The salad's came and I quickly started eating so there wouldn't be any more questions. But they didn't stop.

"What were you thinking about?"

"What aren't I thinking about? Like really? I'm always stuck in my thoughts."

"Awe well that's why you have to hang out with people more."

"Can't if I'm going to college soon."

"You have the whole summer till then. I'll be here."

"True... I guess I could get out and party some time."

"That's the spirt!"

We finished our salad's and as we were about the get up, Hailey bumped into someone.

"Zoey?"