Chapter Seventeen

The night was long for Roman. He didn't stop crying. He curled up and clutched the covers of his bed and cried all the way into the morning.

When morning arrived, Virgil had came up with the perfect plan to cheer Roman up.
"Ro, can I come in?"
No answer.
"Ro?"
No answer again.
"I'm coming in,"

Virgil opened the door to find Roman curled up on his bed, clutching one of Logan's ties.
"You okay?"
Roman's eyes shot up to Virgil.
"H-he left this behind. Do you think it's a s-sign?"
Virgil opened his mouth, but no words came out. How was he supposed to respond to that?
"You th-think I'm crazy, don't you?"
"Of course not," he replied softly.
"Wow, not even a snarky remark? You must feel bad for me," he laughed but he didn't smile.

Virgil looked at him. He looked awful. His eyes were red and cheeks were tear-stained. His hair was a mess - first time in his life - and he was was still in his clothes.
"Did you get any sleep last night?"
Roman shook his head.
"Not even an hour for beauty?"
He shook his head again.
"Wow," he sat on the bed,
"He really messed you up, huh?"
He sniffed and nodded.
"I'm not gonna lie, you look awful,"
Roman clutched the tie harder.

"I know how you feel. When I was separated from Patton I felt like half of me was missing. Like inside I was hollow,"
"At least you knew when you were with him again you would be together,"
He didn't know how to respond to that.
"Can you just leave me to mope?"
He remembered what he had to tell him.
"I know where Logan is,"
"Good for you,"
"Which means you can write to him," he smiled.
"Oh joy," he mumbled.
"Are you kidding?! I would've traded an arm and a leg to write to Patton in those five years!"
"But his would have said things like 'I love you' and 'I miss you'! And Logan would never say that! And who knows how long it's gonna be until in see him again! Maybe I never will!"
He gasped and whispered,
"Maybe I never will."
The tears trickled down his face. Virgil wrapped his arms around him.

"Just write to say 'hi' and see how it goes from there,"
"He hates me. I won't even get a hello back,"
"Maybe you'll get a 'salutations',"
Roman cried at the impeccable impression of Logan's voice.
"Not a fan of impressions, huh? Well what would cheer you up?"
His eyes scanned the room.
"Your guitar? You love playing that!"
Roman's crying started up again.
"He's ruined that, huh?"
Roman sadly nodded.
"Well.....why don't we go to the market?"
Roman cried even more.
"Ruined that for you too?"

Roman looked up to him.
"Just get out. That would be best,"
Virgil frowned.
"Well okay. But if you want to write you'll need this," he summonded a purple portal.
"It's the only way to get it there,"

He left the room. Roman looked over to his desk. Pen and paper. He scowled and curled in on himself even more.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hiya kiddo!" Patton smiled at Virgil.
"Hey Pat, what'cha doin'?"
"Getting the rest of these twigs out of my hair," he laughed.
"What happened to you?"
"Nothing," he replied bluntly.
"You're not even going to tell me?" he pouted.
"Nope," he smiled, running a brush through his light brown curls. They bounced right back into place.
"Perfect," he giggled.

"How's Ro?"
"Not good," he replied,
"He hasn't had any sleep, he's been non-stop crying and hasn't even brushed his hair,"
"What?! This must be bad!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Roman trudged over to his desk and sat down. He shakily reached for the pen and grasped it tightly. There were so many things he wanted to say. He began to scribble.

M̶y̶ d̶e̶a̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ L̶o̶g̶a̶n̶,
L̶o̶g̶a̶n̶, m̶y̶ l̶o̶v̶e̶,
D̶e̶a̶r̶ L̶o̶g̶a̶n̶,
Logan,

How are you? A̶r̶e̶ y̶o̶u̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ m̶e̶? I̶'m̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ y̶o̶u̶. Is it nice to spread your wings all the time? H̶o̶w̶'s̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ h̶u̶s̶b̶a̶n̶d̶?
Best wishes,
Roman.

He closed it up and drew a crown on the back. He then sent it onto the portal.

---------------------------------------------------------

Logan was sitting alone while Mark was out gathering food from a local market. The letter appeared on his lap.
"Damn Virgil, I am going to kill you,"

-------------------- To/
Logan Stewards
-------------------

He smiled and opened the envelope. He frowned as he couldn't make out the crossed-out writing. The letter was extremely vague but he answered to the best of his ability.

---------------------------------------------------------

Roman was spread out on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He was still clutching the tie in one of his outstretched hands.

There was a soft knock on the door and Patton silently slipped into the room.
"Hey, Ro," he smiled, quieter than his usual bubbly voice. He knew his happiness would only crush him more.
"I made cookies,"
Roman shifted his eyes to Patton.
"What kind?"
Patton smiled,
"Chocolate-chip."

Roman sighed and lifted himself up. Patton smiled and handed him a cookie.
"That wasn't so hard, was it?" he smiled.
Roman nibbled on the cookie,
"I guess."
"What were you staring at?"
He shrugged,
"The ceiling."
"Ah. Do you want to-"
"-no,"
"Ooh! How about we-"
"-can you go be happy somewhere else?"
Patton frowned.
"Oh, okay. Sorry, Kiddo. I just thought you might need some company,"
"Well you thought wrong,"

Patton nodded and head out of the room.

Roman stared at the space on the desk where the purple portal once was. He sighed.
"How stupid am I to believe he would reply?"
He buried his face into the pillow.

---------------------------------------------------------

The figure took their hood off to to reveal dark brown hair that faded into a fabulous hot pink. They put on some black sunglasses and waltzed into the cave.
"Sup gurl,"
"It took you long enough," another hooded figure hissed.
"Jeeze take your hood off, you're in a cave,"
"My hair doesn't respond well to the constant dripping water. Speaking of which, I hope our plan was successful, I can not stand living here,"
"Well it didn't go according to plan but we got an even better outcome!"

The second figure smiled.
"Go on,"
"Logan's moving away with that Mark and the stupid Prince is so distraught he can't focous on anything: especially running the Kingdom. With the way he's going, this'll last about two weeks, giving us plenty of time,"
The hooded figure smiled,
"Excellent work."
"Mhm, I know,"

The figure rolled their eyes.
"And the orphan?"
"Great potential, he set fire to a garden in one minute tops,"
"Interesting. Maybe we shall spare this one,"
"Sounds perf,"
"In the meantime, keep an eye on him, I still need to train the other,"
"Still not good enough?"
"About as powerful as a child. But don't worry, they'll be ready for the war,"

Aaaaaaand another chapter is done! I'm sorry these are so short, I like to build suspense for you guys. I hope you enjoyed it and as always,

Peace Out Homesickles!