Chapter Twenty-Five

Logan entered the cottage to collect the things he needed while Mark sat down to process everything. Patton looked around curiously while Roman guarded him. He didn't trust the whole situation, and he wasn't about to put his brother in danger.

Emma was sat outside with Virgil, who refused to leave her side. She was watching the woods.

When she broke down in the castle and Virgil comforted her, she felt like she could confide in him again. Afterall, now they kind of had to talk about him. There was no avoiding it anymore, they were both hurting.
"I'm scared, Virgil," she whispered, still looking into the woods,
"I haven't seen him in seven years and I have this perfect image of him in my mind, his smile, his face, his laughter, his voice.....how much of him has changed? Will I ever see him the same way again? Will he....frighten me? What if he doesn't like what he sees? What if.....after we've changed him, he realises he doesn't love me anymore? What if I loose him again?"

She didn't realise she was crying until the taste of salt reached her mouth. She wiped at her eyes and looked to Virgil.
"Em, it's gonna be okay, I promise-"
"-I would be happier if you refrained from making promises you cannot keep," Logan said, stepping out of the cottage with a satchel.
"Logan-"
"-no, he's right. This is a war. Bad things are gonna happen," Emma said, standing up.
"Exactly, thank y- have you been crying?" Logan asked, having only heard Virgil's promise before jumping into the conversation.
"What? Pfff, no. I don't cry,"
"Well that is a blatant falsehood based on the previous events that occurred today,"
Emma's hand shot to her necklace. She always did this whenever she was in pain, nervous, sad, or nostalgic. Right now she was in pain.

"Ready to go?" Patton asked excitedly.
"Yes, let us get started. We shall head East and then Virgil shall lead us from there,"
"We're gonna get lost, aren't we?" Roman asked.
"Have faith, Princey, I know my way around here,"
Roman smiled and put his newly polished sword back into its holder.

"Let's go!" Patton said excitedly, forcing a smile on Emma's face.
The six continued East, Emma fascinated by every animal and plant - she had never been so far out before.

"Oh my God, what is that?" she asked, tugging on Virgil's arm.
"A fox," he smiled, going along with her child-like-attitude.
"Have you seriously never seen a fox before?" Roman laughed.
"Nope," she smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------

The six arrived at the end of the forest, surrounded by thick bushes and trees to keep them out of the sight of the dragons.
"Okay, Virgil, we're here, now what?"
Virgil stood for a moment, closed his eyes, and focused intensely on something.

After a few minutes, his eyes shot open.
"North West,"
The other five exchanged confused glances.
"How do you-"
"I'll explain when we get there, Pat," he smiled.

They walked until Virgil abruptly stopped.
"North, we're close,"

---------------------------------------------------------

After fifteen minutes, they reached a lake sprinkled with lilly pads, flowers and bushes. Behind that, there was a cave. Virgil laughed. The others didn't seem to get the joke.

"Well well well," a voice laughed from inside the cave,
"Virgil Stone came crawling back. Having Dark Side trouble?"
"How do they know that?" Mark whispered.
"The same reason I know what Virgil's thinking right now-"
"-we can read each other's minds," Virgil interrupted, smiling smugly.

"Seriously dude?! One line! That's all I wanted!" The figure yelled, stepping out of the cave.

Everyone gasped. One thing stuck out to them straight away.

His eyes.

The same purple Virgil's were. Though instead of glowing when he was angry, his pupils thinned, starting to form into slits. Though it didn't last long. He wasn't that angry.

His hair was similar to his, though it was lighter and colour, and he kept it out of his eyes.

He had a better, healthier colour on his skin and was more well-built and wasn't as skinny.

He wore a pine green shirt along with brown pants, black shoes and a brown rope necklace along with a purple dragon charm.

He caught sight of Emma.
"Heyyy," he smiled.
She rolled her eyes,
"Hello."
"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here, huh?"
"What's a grown man doing living in a cave?"
"Touché," he smiled.
She couldn't stop the smile that creeped across her face.

His eyes shot to Virgil.
"Fine, I'll focous,"
"So, you can communicate with dragons,"
He smirked,
"I can do a little more than that, Logan."
"How do you know my name?"
He tapped at his head,
"I know all of your names, thanks to Virgil."
"Fascinating," he whispered.

"So what can you do with the beasts?" Roman asked, gripping his sword.
"First of all, I would you prefer not to refer dragons as 'beasts', second of all, loose the sword, Princey, and third of all," he smiled,
"Let me show you."

"Step back, guys," Virgil said, one arm protectively around Emma, the other around Patton.

They all took a step back while their eyes fixated on the stranger. He laughed and closed his eyes.

Faster than the speed of light, he leaned forward and suddenly a pair of black, scaled wings with a purple undertone burst from his back. Then his arms transformed into the same colour, hitting the floor to reveal scaled claws, his legs doing the same. His torso lengthened and grew, growing scales and a tail from his back. His face grew black horns, transformed into scales and grew into the face of a reptile, keeping his purple eyes.

Roman dropped his sword.
"Y-y-you're a d-dr-dragon!"
He let out a low grumble that signified a laugh.

Logan gasped.
"The Dragon Incident! You are the dragon that distracted him!"
He nodded.
"That was the first time I heard his thoughts, it threw me off," Virgil explained,
"And then I sort of, kinda got hit by a fireball."
Patton gasped,
"Why didn't you tell me?! Did it leave a scar? 'Cause I have stuff for that,"
"No," he laughed,
"Stop worrying so much."

Emma smiled at the two.
"While the dragon thing was cool, I think were missing the most important question here. Who on earth are you?"
He smiled.
"I'm Virgil's cousin......

......Bob,"

Aaaaaand another chapter is done! Bob made a comeback! Yay! I missed him so I couldn't resist including him. Again, not much happened in this short chapter, but highschool sucks and writer's block doesn't help. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and as always,

Peace Out Homesickles!