Chapter Twenty-Seven

I've been spelling vial wrong this whole time.......

Bob dropped the others off a little way away from the rest of the dragons: he knew the dragons wouldn't trust them straight away. Virgil took Emma away from Logan and Mark discussing the battle because he didn't want her getting upset about Daniel again. It really did tear him apart to see her so broken. So fragile. How long had she been hiding that? All this time she had put on a fake smile.....a fake laugh.....fake happiness. He knew he should say something to her but he didn't have the heart to ruin her good mood. She was acting very childish which made him smile.

"This forest is so cool!" she exclaimed, tugging on his arm.

"I'll say," Roman said, sitting on a tree branch.

"How did you even get up there?!" Virgil asked.

"It's easy!" Patton giggled, somehow on a higher branch than Roman.

"How?!"

"Are you losers coming?" Bob asked leaning against a tree.

"Yes yes yes!" Emma smiled.

Bob smiled at her and lead the others to the place where the dragons rested. They walked around the sleeping dragons carefully, the breathing and body temperature of each different. Logan froze when he saw the great figure standing right in front of him. The great figure that could turn him to ash in seconds.

"Two-horned nightdweller," he whispered.

The great dragon grumbled in response.  

"Extraordinary," Logan whispered.

The dragon was dark green, blending in with the grass, bushes and trees that were transformed into darker colours in the night sky. Its eyes were a magnificent yellow, reflecting the fantastic moonlight. It was slim - almost snake-like - with slim legs and thin gigantic wings. The teeth were long and thin. The venom must be stored in them.

"Guys, this is Drago,"

"Hi," Emma waved.

Patton smiled at Drago.

Mark looked to him cautiously while Logan looked to him curiously, in awe of the great animal. Virgil smiled at Drago,

"Yo."

Roman had to resist the urge to reach for his sword and nodded at Drago.

Bob spoke in dragon's tongue to Drago, probably asking him for his venom. He looked towards Logan and asked,

"Got the vile?"

Logan nodded and passed Bob the vile. Bob raised the vile toward Drago before a red fog rolled in, startling all them - even Drago.

Mark gasped,

"Another Dark Side?"

"I wish it was," Bob sighed.

"Who is it?" Patton asked wearily.

"The Dragonwitch," Roman uttered through gritted teeth.

"Bob, did you honestly think you could take some venom without my permission? You know the rules here," she laughed in her echoing high-pitched voice.

"Drago can make his own decisions,"

"I say what goes in this kingdom, Robert,"

"Don't call me that,"

"I'll call you whatever I want, my kingdom, my rules. Now what are you doing bringing your mortal friends he-" she caught sight of Roman,

"My my, Prince Roman. And what do I owe the pleasure? Decided to battle me in my own kingdom now?"