Chapter 9 "The Sun see's all."

Items were thrown behind me in great speed as I shuffled through my drawers discarding anything in my way. Where is it? Where is my pin!

When had I worn it last?

I fell to the ground in defeat. My precious pin was nowhere to be found. It was even more precious than before, I had fixed it with power!

I was seconds from bursting in wails but the creak of my door caused me too look over my shoulder towards the doorway. No one was there?

I stood up and examined the door, an unnatural cool wind blew against me gently, shivers traveled down my spine. I had moments like these all the time...

I sighed and stormed out of my room. I needed fresh air, I needed to be somewhere I could think.

I found myself in a lavish garden, a balcony viewing the entirety of Olympus. I accepted its welcoming arms and sat down on the edge of the great fountain residing in the middle. A stone Pegasus stood galloped on the top, water streaming from around it. I took a deep breath as I sucked in the warm air.

I nearly fell into the fountain when Apollo's voice shook me from my thoughts. "Girly-"

I felt my body fill with untapped rage, my usually cool demeanor heated as I snapped, "That's not my name!"

Apollo stared at me wide eyed.

I quickly collected myself and shook my head, I opened my mouth to apologize but Apollo beat me to it. "Let me guess: you're sorry?" He said amused.

I bit my lip and nodded. He chuckled and plopped down next to me on the fountain, we sat in silence. I glanced towards him and found that he had been staring. His bright eyes watched me intently with deep thought as if I was a painting or piece of literature he was trying to decipher. I blushed, "is there something on my face!?" I asked genuinely concerned.

A silly grin tugged at his lips, "Indeed." He squinted his eyes and pointed his finger towards my temple, "it'sssss RIGHT THERE-GOT YOUR NOSE." He hollered as he pinched my nose hard.

I remained unmoving and simply stared at him dumbfounded. He bellowed with laughter as he threw his head back.

"My nose?" I asked confused.

He recovered from his laughter with a fit of coughs, "I forgot you aren't aware of childhood antics."

I grinned, "oh trust me, I believe I have a great understanding of childhood antics." I said shooting him a devilish look.

He grinned even wider, he dramatically threw his hand over his heart and sighed in pain. "My feelings! You insult me."

I tried to squeeze my mouth shut but couldn't keep the laughter at bay, we both wheezed with laughter.

After recovering from our laughter He spoke up, "What have you been up to lately?"

"Nothing really..." I said shrugging.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Rumors are going around that you and the goddess of love are friendly."

I nodded but soon after I caught his motive. "Friendly" wasn't the friendly I thought it was.

"Gee, I didn't know you were into gir-"

"I'm not! W-we're friendly, literally friendly and that's all." I stammered, my cheeks heated with blush.

He chuckled and shook his head, "I'm just playing with you. Not that there's anything wrong with being "friendly" with another woman."

"What is it you want Apollo?" I asked, I immediately grew suspicious at his sudden interest in me. He never paid me any attention outside of when he's asked to. Last time we spoke he manipulated me...