Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."

Day by day I spent around Ares, pretending to form a plan to win the woman he desires heart. Yet he doesn't know it's I who's seducing him. According to Hera and Apollo, when it comes to love he softens. Yet I doubt when Ares looks me in the eyes he sees nothing more than a rotten child.

After speaking with Hera, we've decided that being partially truthful will gain his trust but not expose one's true motives. So I told him only a portion of the plan.

"I don't believe I alone can convince her to fall in love with you again, at least with not words. Perhaps we need to try something new. From what we know of her, Aphrodite does not like to feel threatened. She can be cunning and would do whatever it takes to get back what's her's." I explained. Ares crosses his arms and watches me curiously, he was open to whatever ideas I had.

"What are you implying?" Asked Ares.

"This might sound strange and I don't even know if I'm capable of doing it but perhaps you-or maybe even we-could make her jealous." I slowly suggested, my body tense with rising fear that he might explode in anger or laugh in my face.

Yet he stood unmoving, buried with thought; his eyes wandering. Was he truly considering my plan? I mean... the plan was pretty cliche but no doubt it'll work.

"How would we go about making her jealous?" Asked Ares.

He's not cleverest of the bunch, I thought it was pretty obvious what had to be done. But I found myself clarifying.

"Perhaps... erm... you and I could appear closer from her perspective. I mean she's already threatened by my existence as a Titan... this will just add to our plan significantly." I stammered, careful with my words and explanations.

Again, he surprised me by not reacting the way I'd assume he would. "Fine. I don't see the harm. Just don't get too attached girl." Shrugged Ares, his eyes glaring into mine at the last few words.

I forced a soft smile and nodded. To be entirely honest, I wasn't looking forward to this. What have I gotten myself involved in...?

~

Anytime Aphrodite would show herself Ares and I would go out of our way to speak to one another, seemingly having what appeared to be a humorous or interesting conversation. Yet when I looked back she didn't even look threatened. I squeezed my lips into a thin line and focused my attention back to Ares.

Did I need to be more obvious?! Maybe she didn't catch the hint? Maybe she didn't care that Ares was interested in someone else?

I looked around and my eyes landed on Apollo seeking reassurance. But I didn't even receive a glint of a smile from him. His face was blank and unreadable. I felt a pit in my stomach grow and quickly looked away. Something didn't feel right.

I think Ares started to realize what I had before and probably had the same idea as I did, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders pulling me towards his side to appear closer to me. Dionysus stood before us taking small drinks from his chalice full of wine, he watched us with a grin.

"She's grown quite a bit hasn't she?" Suggested Ares, a cocky grin spreading across his face.

"Indeed she has, not much of an imp anymore it seems." Teased Dionysus.

I felt myself grow colder in annoyance, I think Dionysus felt it because he let out a shiver.

"Ah, she was never an Imp! She's always been a lovely girl." Cut in Hermes.

I felt an odd sensation when hermes was around. I didn't know if I could trust him, not after what happened last time in Persephone's green house. Part of me felt like he didn't intend for that to happen, that he was just being mischievous and wouldn't have taken it a step farther.