Chapter 23 "Change of Plans"

SHIVA's POV

"I don't mind sharing a bed with her." Said Ares with a devious smirk.

"Wha-absolutely not!" Apollo said gasping.

"I can make my own decisions!" I said glaring at Apollo. I turned to face Ares. "ABSOLUTELY NOT."

Ares rolled his eyes. "We shared a kiss. I don't see why we can't share a bed. It's just sleeping."

I felt a deep blush creep up my cheeks, And not the bashful kind of blush. The embarrassing one. "My past mistakes don't need to be brought into this discussion Ares. I'm not sharing a bed with anyone. If it's truly that big of a deal I will sleep on the floor." I retorted.

"You can't sleep on the floor! One of us will." Said Apollo.

"What? Why can't I sleep on the floor?" I asked genuinely confused. I simply don't understand why they're arguing over which one of them will sleep on the floor. It's as if I'm not even an option.

"Because you're a woman!" Replied Apollo. How on earth is that a valid reason for me not to sleep on the floor?

I just scoffed. "Then I'm definitely sleeping on the floor." I really didn't want to... but this became more than just sleep. I'm irritated and trying to convey a message now. I don't need men making decisions for me.

Apollo groaned. "Dionysus knew exactly what he was doing getting us this room..." he mumbled.

"Well, whatever compromise you brats come up with; I'll be in MY bed." Said Ares with a shrug.

"Shiva just take the bed!"

"NO!"

"You can't sleep on the floor!"

"Yes I can."

"No-"

"BY THE GODS. Fine. You know what, YOU WIN! And not you Apollo! Dionysus and every stupid god messing with us. YOU GUYS WIN! Since Ares is being a selfish jerk and won't share a bed with his BROTHER... I guess we... erm... share a bed." I started, yelling towards  the sky. Slowly my voice trailed into silence, my heart was racing with nervousness.

I didn't dare look at Apollo. "You mean... we share a bed...?" He asked cautiously.

"Geez. Yes. We'll put a pillow between us or something. It's really not a big deal." I said practically mumbling.

I finally looked at Apollo who seemed to be deep in thought. His eyes were narrowed as he look at his feet, his thumbs fumbling with each other. Eventually he looked up and his eyes met mine. I shivered as I recognized that uneasy look in his eyes: that emotion I could never read. "Okay." He said simply. And with that he sat down on the bed and shifted the pillows.

I was still standing in the middle of the room awkwardly. Ares decided now would be a perfect time to open his big mouth. "Wow Shiva, first you kissed me and now you're sharing a bed with blondie-"

"Don't. You. Dare."

~

APOLLO's POV