Chapter 21 "A Promise"

SHIVA's POV

"S-shiva?!" A familiar voice called out from the woods. I quickly sat up whipping my tears on my sleeve. I looked to my right spotting Apollo and Ares' standing in the woods. Surprisingly Apollo had a huge smile on his face and Ares looked some-what relieved.

"Y-you guys looked for me?" I breathed out. I felt my chest tighten in an unfamiliar way.

They actually found me. They looked for me! Here I was, feeling worthless yet they went out of their way to find me. I faintly smiled back.

"Shiva. You're okay!" Apollo sighed in relief.

Almost like reflex I ran towards Apollo and embraced him... I didn't intend to, I just felt relieved and happy he was here.

I quickly pulled away and smiled nervously. He looked down at me and smiled back. However, he seemed to look over my shoulder at something behind me and his face fell. It had occurred to me... the box. My eyes widened, "H-hera, she gave it to me!" I quickly explained. I didn't want to waste my breath and wanted to get the truth out immediately to prevent their minds from wandering to the worst case scenario.

"What do you mean Hera gave it to you?!" Asked Apollo, his voice raising. Ares looked just as shocked.

I nervously fumbled my thumbs and explained, "After I left the camp, she showed up offering me a ride in her... moving box... she left me with the box. I'm telling the truth."

Ares pushed past Apollo. His face was contorted in anger and his fists were clenched at his sides, "That's bullshit! You stole it! You are an enemy-!"

"I promise on the River Styx!" I blurted out.

Ares froze and both appeared shocked. I didn't regret my promise since I wasn't lying... yet I felt uneasy at my sudden choice of words.

Apollo let out a shaky breath, "Then she's telling the truth..."

Ares swallowed hard and quickly looked away, he looked to be gathering his thoughts and having a hard time. Apollo stepped forward and hesitantly picked up the box. "Why would she... w-we need to get this thing back on Olympus! If anyone were to open this then everything would fall into chaos!"

"I've tried! Artemis refused to take it from me!" I exclaimed.

Apollo's eyes widened at me, "Artemis? You spoke to my sister."

I quickly shut my mouth and paused, I didn't do anything wrong but felt ashamed admitting that to Apollo... considering the conversation we had about him. "Uhm... yeah I did. She was just helping me." I explained nervously.

Apollo narrowed his eyes, "What would she want from you? That's unlike her!"

Ares snorted, "probably asking her the same shit Aphrodite asked you."

We both exchanged embarrassed looks. "I don't know what you're talking about." said Apollo as he cleared his throat.

"I guess they're just bored... gods meddling and such..." I elaborated. Apollo nodded in agreement.

Apollo's seemed to remember something by the look on his face and grasped my arm with his free hand. "Now tell us, tell me, why did you leave camp!?" He asked with a stern tone.