Chapter 53 - One to come... Home

Is time to find one to come. Yeah, one to come. I giggled as I got up and followed Jesus.

As we walked, I finally began to calm down. I wondered what He was thinking and how in the world did He ever deal with all this? I didn't know. It boggled my mind and I wandered around sort of trailing Him, while I tried to remember every thing He'd said to me. I was absolutely floored that He didn't think I was disgusting; yet at the same time quite comforted to know His own excitement had absolutely nothing to do with me! It was a relief to know, I wasn't actually the temptation.

The glory of the love of the Father in His own space is what restrains Jesus. How cool is that: actually! I snickered happily as I imagined Him swaddled in this mantel of protection. Wrapped in the hands of God. I will attend to you and blow kisses from heaven, because I know you don't have the luxury of fulfilling your inclination to be fruitful and multiply in the flesh. So dear Jesus, you can lock yourself in your prayer closet and wail to ME to your hearts content.

I paused a moment when Jesus giggled.

"What" I wondered.

"He love me." Jesus answered.

"You know what I'm thinking?" I asked.

"No, I only sense you contemplation." He replied.

"You are very loved." I smiled.

"I know." Jesus whimpered a bit before He let out a little giggle and sucked back the tears.

Oh don't do that. My heart melted as I let out a pained sigh. Makes me just want to hug and kiss You again.

Jesus paused a moment and looked at me.

"Come." He said. "We still to find one to come."

"O.K." I sighed as I collected myself.

We headed back toward the atrium where a Starbucks coffee bar sat strategically among the turnabout of intersecting mall traffic.

"There." Jesus pointed as He headed for a man who was sitting quietly pushing buttons on a cell phone.

I followed Him up to the stranger.

"Toby." Jesus said.

The man looked up. His mouth dropped open as he sat staring at Jesus. "Is it really You?" He whispered as his phone slipped out of his hand on to the floor.

Jesus nodded and smiled as the stranger named Toby stumbled his way out of the chair to a standing position. He was thin and pale; a rather sickly looking fellow. I stood and observed a moment wondering if he had cancer? If that was the case; it didn't appear he was undergoing treatment, for he still had a full head of hair. Yet he had red scaly patches and brown bumps on his face. He put his hands up to his mouth as tears trickled from his eyes.

I bent down and retrieved his phone. "Here, you probably don't want to lose this." I grimaced as I handed it back to him. "Besides, it's.... beeping?"

"Oh." the man looked around a minute and then at his phone. "I was playing snake." He shrugged haplessly as he folded it up and stuck it in his bag. "The snake died."

"You thank me. I kill you snake." Jesus laughed.

"Yeah." The man nodded. "Crush the head of the serpent. Thank You." He sucked back a sob. "Zack said You were here." Toby wiped his face as he wept. "I didn't believe him and I almost didn't come. I didn't feel well."

"Yes, I know this." Jesus answered as He reached out to put a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Oh, don't touch me." Toby recoiled. "I'm contagious."