ikon | 29

cg/s: chanwoo
little/s: jinhwan

that was enough. chanwoo wasn't going to sit and just watch any longer whilst jinhwan tiptoed around him. he was downright avoiding him and it was beginning to show as the older grew stressed and more noticeably tired. every now and again they'd catch a glimpse of hwannie, but barely ever and even then it was only things like him spacing out or playing with his fingers quietly. but like i said. that was enough.

chanwoo alked over to jinhwan in the waiting room after their last schedule before they had a break and quite literally cornered him. jinhwan tried to quickly duck away to no avail and slowly met the youngers eyes. he immediately felt smaller. "chan.. please don't.."

"i'm not doing anything, yet." "chan-" the caregiver ran a hand through the others hair and hushed him before sitting ahead of the boy and placing his hand comfortingly on his leg, moving his thumb back and forth. "why are you avoiding me?" he dropped the honorifics.

"chanwoo stop it... please..i-its wrong." "what is?" jinhwan looked down at chan's hand for a split second and felt his throat burn. "i'm older than you.. and yet i'm the one who relies so much on you and you shouldn't have to, you have enough to stress about and you should be able to lean on me, not the other way arou-"

"hey, hey it's ok." the older boy had warm tears in the corner of his eyes, threatening to fall. chanwoo placed his hand on jinhwan's cheek and soothingly moved his thumb. "i like hwannie, just the same as i like you, and i would never be annoyed or bothered by you ok?" jinhwan nodded but pulled away.

the younger noticed his hyung closing his hand into a fist as his knuckles turned white. "jinhwan?" he shook his head. "no wan-na.. i-i wanna be b-big.." gently taking his hand chanwoo smiled. "hey sweet, it's ok. you're hurting yourself baby, please just let go... i've got you i promise."

looking up at the younger jinhwan's eyes filled with tears whilst he nodded and leant into his caregivers chest taking a handful of his shirt in his small hands whilst the other gently caressed his head. "that's it baby boy, it's ok." "w-wanna go home.."

smiling slightly chan took his hand and called to the others if they could leave, following them all out. on the ride back to the dorm jinhwan rested his head on chanwoo's shoulder whilst staring out of the window at the cars and their lights passing by.

after they'd all got home the older jumped away from his caregiver running to his room. with the others all either slumped onto the couch or the floor chanwoo sat down crossed legged and leant back against the sofa.

chan couldn't help but smile as jinhwan peeked around the corner of the door frame, his pale red paci clipped to his shirt which hung off of his shoulders. the younger motioned for his little to come to him, his arms spread open and mimicking his smile.

jinhwan fell into chans lap a giggling mess, chan picking him up and leaning him against his shoulder whilst he played with the youngers fingers. "you're such a silly baby arent you sweet?" jinhwan giggled and nodded into his shirt snuggling closer if he could.

the caregiver started slowly rocking the boy in his lap, hushing every now and then into his ear. he heard a click and looked over his shoulder to shoot a death glare at hanbin. "what? no flash!" he mouthed and shrugged tucking his phone away anyways.

jinhwan yawned and rubbed his eyes with his fists as the gentle rocking pulled him to sleep slowly. chanwoo smiled and stood up with him still in his arms placing his soother between his lips and continuing to rock his baby back and forth. "shh, go sleepy baby, its ok.. daddys here."

feeling jinhwan relax into his hold chan bounced softly, hushing with his voice low. "you wanna nap baby boy?" he felt the little nod into him and quietly made his way into his own room. "shh..." chanwoo lay jinhwan down on his back and kissed his nose as he squirmed causing him to smile softly when he gave the smaller his blanket.

once he turned to leave whining made him turn around at the door and his lips twitch. jinhwanwas sat up crossed legged with the biggest pout and his arms stretched out, one hand clutching his blanket and his paci dangling from its clip. "daddy, wan cuddle... is scary.."

chanwoo made his way over to the bed and sat down on the edge wrapping his arms around jinhwans waist. "will hwannie promise to go to go sleepy for me then?" the older boy nodded frantically making chan chuckle himself as he pulled him down and into a cuddle, his head resting on the others shoulder.

"night daddy.." jinhwan's words were laced with sleep as he closed his eyes and his breathing fell even. his eyes still open, chanwoo reached over and guided the soother back to it's place, feeling the little smile in his hold.

"goodnight my baby boy."