exo | 36

cg/s: suho
little/s: kyungsoo

these comeback preparations were killing them. the dance practices, the recording sessions, they never had a spare minute to just stop. and it was taking a bigger toll on some than others.

d.o was sat behind his bed in the floor, arms wrapped around his knees as he rocked himself back and forwards, replaying the words he'd heard earlier today again and again in his mind. "if you can't even do this then what's the point of you being here!?"

it wasn't his fault he'd forgotten the words, wasn't his fault he'd fallen. he was just too small for that.. but for a while people seemed to have forgotten, and the cogs inside his mind were turning a bit too quickly for him to catch onto.

"kyungsoo?" the voice made him jump but he didn't dare look over. what if he wasn't supposed to cry either? no one ever told him that.. the boy's thoughts were interrupted by strong arms wrapping around him, instantly making him feel tiny, though he held on to any grasp of his normal headspace as hard as he could.

the arms paired with the voice belonged to suho. "what are you doing here by yourself? i thought you went to practice with the others." the word 'practice' made him physically flinch. d.o shook his head. suho looked at him as if trying to figure him out before moving so he was sat in front of the boy.

"you gonna tell daddy what's wrong?" one word and he was gone. tears shone as they ran down his face, his throat quickly growing sore as he tried to keep it in. the eldest frowned. "oh, baby boy.. come here." the smaller crawled into his hold where suho rocked him gently ahead of picking him up and taking him to the couch where he pulled a blanket over the two, continuing to rock and softly pat his baby's butt.

"you're such a good boy, my good boy hm?" kyungsoo didn't answer, still crying a little with his fingers making their way into his mouth. catching him suho stopped patting which made d.o whine until he felt a paci being pushed carefully between his lips and something soft tucked into his arms. his bambi.

the little sniffled for a while, looking at his friend before snuggling him to his neck with a small smile. lay on top of his caregiver kyungsoo felt his eyes threaten to close and so let them, only for them to snap back open when the older shifted causing him to whine loudly.

"sorry baby." suho smiled as he got comfortable again, running a hand through d.o's hair and feeling him yawn. "you wanna nap, love?" the nickname made his insides squirm as kyungsoo nodded sleepily.

the caregiver shifted his little to his side so he could snuggle closer to him, a happy sound causing suho to smile as the warmth on his chest grew where kyungsoos hand rested. waiting until he was sure d.o was asleep the oldest gently leant him to the other side so he could stand and went to set up some things in his bedroom to help his baby out.

a while later soft noises caused him to move from the kitchen where he was getting himself a snack to the doorway. suho looked over at kyungsoo to see him rubbing his eyes, he looked over to him and reached out, whimpering softly. taking the little into his arms the oldest held his head gently against his chest where he could feel his cgs heartbeat which seemed to calm him a bit. the small boy burrowed closer, curling his fingers into suho's shirt, his bambi stuffie sitting loosely in his arms as he chewed softly on his soother.

"daddy made you something baby." kyungsoo momentarily glanced away from his neck to meet suho's eyes, shining with excitement. his caregiver carried him through the hallway until they reached his door, decorated with a chalkboard that read 'kyungsoos little space, love from daddy ♡' lined with fairy lights.

the inside of the room was even more perfect. in suho's arms d.o looked around clutching to his bambi, his paci almost falling before his cg gently pushed it back and he started subconsciously sucking. assorted jam-jar lanterns lined the windowsill, the room cast in a warm yellow, the bed coated in overly fluffy blankets and netflix already waiting.

the look on kyungsoo's face made it impossible for suho to suppress a smile and his work worth it. whilst he was still taking it all in the older situated them on the cushions, his baby between his legs. leaning down he spoke into d.o's ear softly. "do you like it sweet?" turning to look him in the eye, his hand landing on suho's thigh, kyungsoo nodded and smiled behind his soother.

"that's good baby, that's good."