skz | 38

cg/s: chan
little/s: jeongin - i.n

jeongin awoke to goosebumps on his skin, shivering despite the sunlight in the icy weather. he reached out with his eyes still closed for his blanket only to instead meet the wooden bars of his crib, letting out a small whine. the little furrowed his brow and spent a few seconds searching with his eyes closed before huffing and opening them.

just outside his crib the pale blanket sat on the floor. but he couldn't reach it. and he was cold. not thinking too much the boy began to cry, rubbing his eyes harshly. jeongin didn't have his soother or his teether, they'd disappeared too, so instead he slipped two fingers unto his mouth, biting down rather hard causing him to cry out even louder.

after a while he'd managed to calm himself a little and i.n lay back down, sucking gently on his thumb with one hand and grasping loosely onto the bars of his crib as he waited for his daddy. a few more tears rolled down the littles face at one thought however. what if his daddy didn't come back.

chan arrived home roughly twenty minutes later to a silent house, setting down bags on the countertop to make food with afterwards and searching through one for the new teether he'd bought for jeongin as an apology for having to leave him, though it seemed he hadn't even noticed. how wrong he was. afraid his baby was still asleep, chris quietly made his way to the bedroom and opened the door to find the floor scattered in stuffies, the blanket from the youngests crib cast aside as his figure lay curled up away from the other.

now slightly concerned chan carefully made his way around the toys and such to reach over the edge of the crib, only for jeongin to flinch and let out a terrified whimper before he heard hushing and opened his eyes to see his daddy staring down at him in worry. immediately the smaller reached out his arms with a heart shattering wail and the dried tears on his cheeks were quickly replaced as chan picked him up and he forcefully shoved his head into the caregivers neck seeking any comfort he could.

to be frank the whole situation had chan in a state of shock. he hadn't expected i.n to be so distraught seeing as he'd slept the whole time.. unless he hadn't. putting together the pieces chris took a tighter hold of the little and brought their bodies closer together, pressing his lips to the boys forehead. "daddy is so, so sorry baby... shh, it's alright.."

as he walked around the house gently bouncing jeongin on his hip, whispering reassuring words to him, the older felt a slight nip on his neck and resisted the urge to hiss at it. that was when he found the culprit as the little one clinging to him. taking i.n's head away from his abused neck, chan wrapped the baby's fingers around the teether he'd bought which quickly made its way to his mouth, earning a small mewl through his sniffling whilst he rubbed his eyes with his spare hand.

looking at the time chan realised the boy must be hungry as well as cold and so set him down on the rug in the living room and wrapped him in a thick blanket before going to leave the room after ruffling his hair. for a moment, jeongin seemed still a bit too immersed in his new teether, but after a few seconds he became aware of the feeling that he was no longer being held and dropped his hand from his mouth letting out a fearful wail.

though chris hadn't gotten more than a few steps away he turned and rushed back over to scoop him into his arms and apologised again profusely despite the littles ignorance as he instead just clung to his caregiver afraid he would disappear. once both had calmed down, chan pressed his lips to i.n's hair and mumbled unto him. "i love you so much baby boy, daddy isn't going anywhere." a smile crept upon his face as he felt jeongins fingers curl and the smaller make a quiet sound of acknowledgement.

realising the little had dropped his teether earlier the older searched as quietly as he could for a paci, quickly finding one and motioning for i.n to lift his head. when he did chris smiled softly at his dried tears and red cheeks. chan gently pushed the soother past jeongins lips and pulled his head back into his neck. "that's it, that's my good baby boy.." finally feeling the other fully relax as he regained the little trust lost, the cg again mumbled into jeongins soft smelling hair.

"you're so pretty sweet.. so special to me."