Chapter 8 - Holi!

"Happy holi.." screamed Khushi as she was about to throw colors at Arnav's face, when he step aside and looked away.

"I don't celebrate this.." he said seriously.

"Kyun?" she frowned. He said nothing and walked away to his room.

"He stopped participating in festivals when his mother died.." said Maya.

"But this time he will play holi with us!" Khushi said determined. Dadi and Maya smiled hopefully.

**********************************************************

Arnav's room:

Khushi silently tip toed inside the room hiding colors on her back, with a naughty smile on her face. She raised her hands and prepared to apply colors on Arnav from behind but he turned just at the right time.

"What are you doing? Didn't I tell you that I don't play with all these?" Arnav frowned.

Khushi's face fell as she put her hands down, "But.."

"Khushi just go outside and play with others.. don't trouble me!" he said curtly and sat on the couch taking his laptop to his lap.

"Laad governor.." Khushi pouted sadly, she went back thinking another idea to have him outside and play holi with others.

***************************************************

At kitchen..

Arnav walked out of his room and head to kitchen to drink water. He was pouring water on his glass when a man patted his back from behind, "Kya hua son? Why aren't playing holi with us outside?"

Arnav turned to see him, and the man raised his eyebrow with questioning look.

"I don't want to.." Arnav replied curtly and took his glass ready to leave, but that man held his shoulder, "Where are you going son? Now you have to play holi with us.. On this day, no one stays angry with each other.."

The man forcefully took Arnav to the garden side where everyone is having fun, playing with colors and drinking bhang and dancing with each other.

"What the.." Arnav muttered frowning.

"Oyee leave this what the.. what the.. now.. and enjoy holi!" the man said laughing and doing some dance steps.

"What the.." Arnav frowned.

"From where did you buy such bakwas dictionary ahn? Don't you have anything else to say other than What the..?" the man giggled.

Arnav gritted his teeth; he walked near the man and removed his fake moustache.

"What did you do? You removed my moustache? Are these your hands or trimmer?" he widened his eyes.

"Just shut up Khushi.. What you thought.. you would such bakwas acting and I wouldn't know that it's you.. I got suspicious on you when you said that movie dialogue.." he said glaring at her.

"Why are you doing this? Wasn't I clear when I said that I don't want to play holi? Do I have to explain this all and all over again?" he shouted.

Khushi looked down, "I just.."

"What? I just what?.. You're just a stubborn girl who doesn't understand other feelings.. I stopped participating in all these festival when my mother died.. Do you know how much I used to play holi with her when I was a little kid? And how am I feeling right now? She isn't here with me.. so there is no fun in this day also.. I don't feel like enjoying this day without her.. when I see these colors.. I remember my days with her.. those days which are never going to come back.." he shouted with moist eyes.