Chapter 22 - Divorce!

Aman walked towards her and sat on the couch beside her, keeping the glass of water he brought on the near table. He patted Khushi's back, "Calm down.. please don't cry.."

Khushi broke in more tears, "How can he do this to me?"

"Drink this water.." Aman brought the glass to her and Khushi shook her head with moist eyes, "I don't want.."

Aman sighed and kept the glass back on table, "You shouldn't have told him the truth so early.. I already told you this is going to be difficult na, because Arnav has full faith and trust on his family, he grew up with them and accepted them the way they're.. We also don't have any proofs to prove our point.."

"What would I do Bhaiya? Wait for Akash to play with my Jiji's feelings.. Wait for him to break her heart and see her suffer all her life.. I can't let him do what NK did to me.. Already my family suffered a lot because of me, we had to shift from Lucknow to Delhi to avoid those neighbors making our life a hell and now the same happen to Jiji.. no.. I will do anything but will always protect my sister from such evil persons.." Khushi said sobbing but still her eyes showed that no matter what happens, Raizadas haven't still broken her, she will still fight!

"And it's good I revealed the truth to him also.. Today I got to know how much he trusts me.." she smiled sarcastically, thinking about Arnav's confession of trust to her and next day he act opposite of his words.

"Shh..enough now.. stop crying and you need to rest.. you must be tired.." Aman said wiping away her tears.

But more tears made way to her cheeks as she numbly continued on the couch remembering what happened to her. The person she trusted the most, she loved the most now completely broke her heart and abandoned her like her family did in NK's matter. He thinks she took no time to accept to get married to him because she's a gold digger, couldn't he see how much she cannot bear a distance from him, that's why leaving her family she went to live with him and accepted marrying him even though he didn't even confess his love to her? Couldn't he think about those lovely moments they spent together at Dadi's place before ruining their relationship with such harsh words? Couldn't he see how much she cares for him that she was even ready to defeat his family and protect him from them? Couldn't he see the truth in her eyes? Why did he say he trust her when at the end he's going to break her heart like this?

"Maybe it's my fault only.. when someone becomes close to me, then I can even lay my life for that person.. but I forget that others aren't like that.. when I love someone then I can do anything for them.. But why is everyone so selfish? Why do they always push me away from their lives? Why Bhaiya? Don't I deserve anyone's love in this world? First my real parents left me and went very far away that I can't even reach them.. then my family also taunted me and trusted NK over me.. and now Arnav ji.. I just pointed a finger to his family and he went all against me.. He didn't even thought that maybe my Comedy piece is saying truth.. he didn't even hear a word from me and trusted his family over me.. He also left me.. but I never wished bad for anyone, neither for my family nor for Arnav ji.. then why they left me?" she covered her face with her palms crying.

Aman felt so bad for her now that he wanted to go to Arnav and shout the truth to him, but he knows that's of no use now. Arnav is not going to believe their words.

"I'm here for you.. from now on, I'm your Bhaiya.." Aman side hugged her, patting her shoulder to calm her down.

Khushi rested her head on his shoulder and cry her heart out.

*****************************************************************************

Next day..

"Finally we can breath in peace now.. that middle class girl isn't here to burst our brains! " Mami said smiling and eat her food happily.